• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Stop on in for a cup of coffee!

Started my weekend off with one cup of motivation and then went to my brother in laws and cut down a tree they wanted gone. It was hot and humid, no more coffee, but plenty of water.

My new to me daily driver

IMG_20190709_184709590.jpg

My 98 full size will see winter only plow duty, unless I need to tow something big.

The Colorado was my bosses, he upgraded to a 12 Colorado for the new shop truck. He made me a deal I couldn't turn down.

Been chugging my Fufu every day before I go out and sweat while doing whatever task I've been assigned. Been able to work on the cars the last day or two, after a break from everything. Getting back at it, brakes are on the list today, so I can have a crusier! Headed down to the parts store for a hardware kit, amazingly had it in stock. Then I can chase my lower RPM roughness, giving me the excuse to best on it, in a good way...

Last edited:
Made a pot this morning, had a cup and then mowed the lawn. The mower has a cup holder so I took a travel cup with me.
Checked out the kickstarter on a 86 Honda spree moped, than did some work on my trailer.

I had 2 cups this morning, went and picked up a bed mat for my 98 2500 and then went to a friends to continue his pole building. Another friend that's a builder put up the pole structure, he recommended a guy for the concrete and we did the steel on the roof. Last week we started all the trim and some side wall steel. Installed the entry door and window. He did the 8 ft door during the week. Today we finished the side walls steel and trim. Next week we will do both gable ends and finish off the soffit and fascia.

I've been on a mixture of Fufu and a little hospital swill. (But I did find a machine that brews a pretty decent cup) The reason for the hospital swill? Laura's mom and husband were on their Harley trike when they stuck and ran over a deer. Her husband got a broken leg and some road rash on his hands. Laura's mom however, fractured her pelvis I'm multiple locations, broke both wrists, and a broken knee, along with a separated shoulder. We were at the hospital for the better part of five days after the accident. We had my parents house nearby to use as a test area. Laura's sisters came up to the hospital as well. Someone has been there for their mom for he last three and a half weeks. She has had five surgeries, and had been moved to an after care facility, and she may be moving to a nursing home for further rest and rehab. So she is doing better than expected already, after a very tiring two weeks to start out with. She's a stubborn one, and that's a good thing now. She's in much better spirits and is probably going to be close to home real soon. Her husband can come visit her as often as he likes, and I'm sure he will be there for her as much as possible. Their Church members built a ramp for them, and will be replanting her flowers, the green thumb of the church is behind that bit. My brain is frazzled, and my sleep schedule has gone to hell. Four hours sleep seems like a lot to me now. It's going to take me some time to get back to my regular routine. But Laura's mom is doing much better now, and is on the road to recovery, and it's going to be a long one for her. I'm sure some trips up to her house will happen in the near future. So if you ride a motorcycle, keep your head on a swivel, and wear your helmet, they played a major role in saving the lives of two people I know.

Wow!!! Thoughts and prayers for your In-laws Scott. Was she thrown from the trike? Her injuries were far more severe then his. Praying for a full recovery for them and you get back on a regular sleep schedule.:)

Wow!!! Thoughts and prayers for your In-laws Scott. Was she thrown from the trike? Her injuries were far more severe then his. Praying for a full recovery for them and you get back on a regular sleep schedule.:)
They were both thrown, she didn't have anything to slow her down like the handle bars probably did for her husband. He might get out of the hospital today, if he hasn't already.

I pounded two cups before 7:30 and then went to my friends and finished his pole barn. All that's left is the 2 10ft overhead doors. He going to do them this coming week. He works for Ford and his plant is shut down for a few weeks.

IMG_20190824_163853634.jpg

IMG_20190824_163843815.jpg

IMG_20190824_163912540.jpg

IMG_20190824_163931443.jpg

IMG_20190824_163955845_HDR.jpg

Jeez, the coffee at the hotel we stayed at was awful! I brewed it as I was getting something from the car. I came back to the smell of a skunk in the room.
"Is that my coffee?"
"Yep."
And it tasted horrible too. Glad I didn't have enough water for a while cup, as I needed the caffeine to wake me up. Had a Fufu before work, and all is right with my coffee world again.

I'm about to have my first cup of the day and its going on 11:30, I had to visit the Dr. and she always gets my blood pressure up so no coffee before I go see her. I hadn't seen the Dr. in over a year so her office called me in, I told them I was fine to no avail. So after blood work and a exam she says that I'm doing great. No kidding I say, oh well she's very nice to look at.

I'm about to have my first cup of the day and its going on 11:30, I had to visit the Dr. and she always gets my blood pressure up so no coffee before I go see her. I hadn't seen the Dr. in over a year so her office called me in, I told them I was fine to no avail. So after blood work and a exam she says that I'm doing great. No kidding I say, oh well she's very nice to look at.
Maybe if she wasn't as good to look at your blood pressure wouldn't spike so badly.

Happy labor day guy's. I had a cup and a half and then went to a friends to check out a problem his kid was having with the 302 in his truck.
The kid put a early 70's 302 in his truck with 91 302 heads, flat tappet cam and couldn't get it to start. He said it didn't have compression? I got there and checked the valve lash, at this time I didn't know what rockers he was running. He had the 91 stamped rockers, turns out the push rod length was wrong and the exhaust push rods are all bent. I didn't have a tool with me to pump air into a cylinder, but I am thinking all the exhaust valves are bent some causing the no compression problem.

He has another 302 there and a 351, so he is deciding what to do. He is thinking of putting the 351 together, pulling the current 302 to repair later for another project. I am thinking he should put the other 302 together with the intake, dist, carb from this 302 and stick it in the truck. It would be the easiest and fastest solution.

I had a cup of Fufu before AND after pulling a stuck 383 for a member on FCBO. Took way too long to do, but it's out, and the guy can pick it up when I pull another engine and tranny for him, hope to have that done within a week or two.

Back