• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

So who plows snow?

I have a 98 chevy 2500 with a 7.5 meyers, I plow my church parking lot, another church parking lot, and a couple of other people I know. I don't go out of my way to try to get customers because most want to be plowed right after the snow fall and I am working during the day. The jobs I plow I do after work. My next plow will be a vplow

Jeep RF.JPG Chevy LF.JPG

Jeep RF.JPG

Chevy LF.JPG

Picked up a set of plow wings off of a online auction, should help with trail off on the edges. I will post some pic's when I get them mounted

I used a Dodge 1500 with a meyer 8' steel blade. Yesterday i found a sweet deal for a plow for my 99 Dodge dually. A slightly used super v2. 9'5. Cant wait to plow

Lived in the north until I was 12 then spent a couple of winters in Germany. Had fun in the snow as a kid but I like living in the south where it doesn't snow :D

These are the plow wings I put on my 7.5 Meyers, I got them off a local auction site. I don't know the brand but they look just like these.
Pro-Wing Universal Plow Wing Extensions

I used the instructions from these to mount them, worked great.
They really help with trail off but if you have to dig down they need to come off then be put back on to pile it up.

IMG_20161124_100552.jpg

IMG_20161124_100611.jpg

Snow's melting right now, but winter is far from over. We should still get some storms.

It snowed quite a bit last week, made some extra cash. This week it's supposed to be in the 60's on Wed, crazy weather.

Dont expect it to last long the high was in the 50 at 8 am and will be 30s and 40s the rest of the week.

So no posts here since Dec. 2013. It's snowing like crazy up there, any new pics guy's. New trucks/plows. Big storm going through North East tonight and tomorrow. I moved from Jersey to get away from that wonderful white stuff but like to see picks.
Post dates are shown in the upper left corner of each post. Yours was today March 20 2018.

Naw snow is done for the year. Wishful thinking. We saw all the snow we needed to see in the Rockies at Thanksgiving. Tractor I picked up last spring doesn't want to start and the blower that came with has not been mounted.
I get enough blade time during the summer months moving dirt and rock. But yes the blade is still mounted on the tractor ready to go.

Plow is mounted, salt spreader installed. Truck is ready for tomorrow nights snow forecast.

Just joined? I plow my neighbor's driveways and don't charge them. They think I'm a great guy, I've got them fooled! Joking, most are retired and I like helping them. I also am on FCBO.

Just joined? I plow my neighbor's driveways and don't charge them. They think I'm a great guy, I've got them fooled! Joking, most are retired and I like helping them. I also am on FCBO.
Welcome from the Mitten and also a FCBO member

Back