• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Site Changes

Is it possible to move us to the fcbo software? The setup now is almost akin to mobile version all the time... It's tough to navigate through...

I've also noticed in the year plus that I've been here there weren't any mods, now I've seen at least 5. Did that also happen in the software change?

No, its not possible. FCBO will be switching as well in time.

Tough to navigate? How so? Its pretty much designed the same with different colors.

Instead of there being an acual home page with the latest post your going to a forum style one that requires you to pick what subcategory you want to view. I did find a new post section that is of some help. I'm sorry to hear about fcbo changing. I've really enjoyed the layout over there.

No, its not possible. FCBO will be switching as well in time.

Tough to navigate? How so? Its pretty much designed the same with different colors.

Instead of there being an acual home page with the latest post your going to a forum style one that requires you to pick what subcategory you want to view. I did find a new post section that is of some help. I'm sorry to hear about fcbo changing. I've really enjoyed the layout over there.

I just haven't gotten to installing a home page here yet. The main page here is pretty much the same as the forum home page there (Mopar Forum for Classic "C Body" Automobiles)

We have Today's posts and New Posts here just like we have there. See the links on the top navigation bar?

Joey,
Will we have the Thanks button?

Just saw the like button. Or is this basically same thing.
So many likes you get a Trophy?
Thanks

Like = Thanks -------- Same thing

Ignore the trophy, I don't think I'll be using that and will eventually remove it

But I've never received a Trophy in my life.. I was hoping this would be the first one in my 40 years.. Guess not!:(

I have at least 20 of them gathering dust in my garage....would you like me to send a few??? :D

I'll throw some extra if you like ....lol

I like the feature to grab the latest post on a thread (I guess it was similar to FBBO) - where you click on the time the last post was made, and you get taken straight to the last post.

I've been on holidays and using my iPhone all weekend. I must say this is user friendly and far superior to the change on FBBO. So far it looks like FABO will adapt to this quite easily. I have snooped around and uploaded a photo. Not much but enough for this guy to figure it out.

I've been on holidays and using my iPhone all weekend. I must say this is user friendly and far superior to the change on FBBO. So far it looks like FABO will adapt to this quite easily. I have snooped around and uploaded a photo. Not much but enough for this guy to figure it out.

Great to hear.

I like the larger font and boxes. I don't like the margin on the right relegated to sponsors. I know they're important, but I'd prefer they be front and center at the top, so when we're reading it's a full page width and less scrolling.

Might be easier for users like me if the manufacturers could be placed in folders - rather than each forum listed out. Again - scrolling down past 30-something ones I have no interest in just seems tedious.

I like the larger font and boxes. I don't like the margin on the right relegated to sponsors. I know they're important, but I'd prefer they be front and center at the top, so when we're reading it's a full page width and less scrolling.

Might be easier for users like me if the manufacturers could be placed in folders - rather than each forum listed out. Again - scrolling down past 30-something ones I have no interest in just seems tedious.

What's there now is temporary (as you can see by the placeholders) and it will be smaller (narrower) when I get to work on it.

Advertisers wont pay to be placed in "folders" -- and I wish I had 30-something advertisers for that bar :)

What's there now is temporary (as you can see by the placeholders) and it will be smaller (narrower) when I get to work on it.

Advertisers wont pay to be placed in "folders" -- and I wish I had 30-something advertisers for that bar :)

I get that - but if they're front and center, at the top of each thread the reader and potential customer wouldn't feel like they're being bombarded or yelled at by them. (just my feelings anyway...lol) Personally the feeling I get when I have to close, or minimize, or scroll, or turn down sound because the ads are "in my face" is irritation that is identified with the advertiser.
A suggestion would be to have it set up so guys that pay for Gold status (assuming these new boards have that or some form of pay-to-play deal) can check a box and remove the ads from the reason we visit the sites.

Just so we're clear on my perspective too - I work with corporate computers & systems all day and at the end of the day (or on lunch...lol) I don;t want to have to customize, remember passwords, and deal with pop ups or ads. I won't explore all the features and customize anything, nor have I ever done that. I like it to open & load quickly, be simple, and let me enjoy myself.

...and please understand this is intended as constructive criticism and what I would consider perfect. "Your results may vary"...lol.

Back