• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Picking up a 1976 Dodge 3/4 ton

Good catch bikinaboy, you are correct. Guess that's why you're suppose to proof read before you push enter. lol

Yes indy, I usually catch my mistakes after I hit the enter key. Don't know why I can't figure that out before I push it. And that's a great looking truck you have. Your color scheme was an inspiration for mine, except that I'm using Ferguson gray (as in the old Ferguson tractors),which is a grayer gray, it that makes any sense. Yeah I know it's not real cool using tractor enamel, but it looks just fine and if it gets skinned up here on the farm, it won't be the end of the world. Or I guess I should say my world.

Yes rp, the 3/4 and 1 tons should of had full floating axles. With the extra fuel tank, I could see that being added to allow extended runs way off the beaten path. My buddy lives in Colorado and we've taken the unpaved off road mountain mining trails and it's not uncommon to cover 40-60 miles one way before hitting anything resembling civilization again. With say 50 gallons of gas on board, that would give them the range to go almost anywhere and spend a lot of time doing it before needing fuel again.

My daughter was crew chief of a KC135 tanker plane. I got to crawl around inside their training plane, in the back where the fueling nozzel was controlled, in the pilot's seat, on the wing and everything. I was like a kid in the candy store. I forget what they called that big long nozzle, but I think it was something referring to a human appendage.

great info, thanks, a few more questions, I guess I gotta go get a shop manual for all the info on stuff, but, before I go and do it and blow something up.....can I shift into 4 Hi when I am moving, or must I be stopped, and what is the difference in 4 hi and 4 hi Lock, 4 low and 4 low lock on the transfer case shift lever?

Back