• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

One day soon the Power Wagon is Next!

74PW4X4

Reaction score
Just got off a 3 year restoration on the 69 383 Barracuda and this is next on the Block.

IMG_0486.JPG

IMG_0487.JPG

Just got off a 3 year restoration on the 69 383 Barracuda and this is next on the Block.
Nothing?

I figure if I pull the Barracuda to the longer ride shows with the Power Wagon and enter both in the show it will somehow make it less like they were trailered!

That's a sweet truck! Good stance. Are you keeping the same pants colors?

That's a sweet truck! Good stance. Are you keeping the same pants colors?

Yes!!!

Just like the Barracuda I will return it to what it was! I still have the original rims and with the original 3.91 gears she should pull the 24' trailer and Barracuda with no issues with those small tires and wheels!

Testing the edit feature!!!

The truck had 35's on it to cut the gear ratio! This is good for the hunting use it has been through for the last 15 years but restoration requires return to original!! It should still look fine but more in line with it's new purpose!

Last edited:
Love the truck, always thought it would be cool to fix one (meaner looking than the one I'm doing).

Nothing going on with the truck. Spent to much time driving and going to shows in the Barracuda.

Question, did you do anything to get the 35's to fit, lift kit or whatever? I want to know what I can throw under my 72, I only have 33's for it now.

Gotta drive the wheels off the car you haven't driven for 3 years! Got any pics posted elsewhere, here or FABO?

Question, did you do anything to get the 35's to fit, lift kit or whatever? I want to know what I can throw under my 72, I only have 33's for it now.

Gotta drive the wheels off the car you haven't driven for 3 years! Got any pics posted elsewhere, here or FABO?

Yes 6" lift in springs only. Had some issues with front DS angle afterwards. Ground some clearance in the front yokes then shimmed the Transfer case a tad to decrease the front angle slightly!

69383s cars are fun too!!!

image.jpeg

Yes 6" lift in springs only. Had some issues with front DS angle afterwards. Ground some clearance in the front yokes then shimmed the Transfer case a tad to decrease the front angle slightly!

69383s cars are fun too!!!

View attachment 7844
That's a nice looking Barracuda! I don't blame you for wanting to drive that at all!

I was planning on doing a 6" Skyjacker Soft Ride upgrade to my 72. I just have to swap in the 440, do the interior, paint, rollbar...

That's a nice looking Barracuda! I don't blame you for wanting to drive that at all!

I was planning on doing a 6" Skyjacker Soft Ride upgrade to my 72. I just have to swap in the 440, do the interior, paint, rollbar...

6" skyjacker is what I did. You likely have the same D44 front axle. My right side spring is clamped both sides. Later models had studs on the inboard side. The new steering arm was a PITA cause you have to remove the short studs and replace and they were well crusted in there. The front springs had angled shims but did not rotate the axle enough for a good drive shaft angle. Longer brake lines are needed as well. It's been 12 years since I did it but can give you some measurement or what not if you need it.

6" skyjacker is what I did. You likely have the same D44 front axle. My right side spring is clamped both sides. Later models had studs on the inboard side. The new steering arm was a PITA cause you have to remove the short studs and replace and they were well crusted in there. The front springs had angled shims but did not rotate the axle enough for a good drive shaft angle. Longer brake lines are needed as well. It's been 12 years since I did it but can give you some measurement or what not if you need it.
I'll pick your brain when the time comes.

I like it when 4x4's "sit" like 4x4's . Both the truck and the Baracuda are " NICE " . Look forward to the build .

Back