• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Need help

Jean-Guy

Reaction score
hi there everyone
I got an 77 D100 adventurer with a rebuilt 360 pushing 400hp
It’s been running fine until 3 weeks ago,started stalling,sputtering,accelerate great,but at steady speed it keeps jogging in and out,I work 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off,when I came back yesterday,i started it,idle perfect for 15 min,then when I shut it off,started back up,it started doing the same things,I change everything I could think off,I go to 2000 rpm and hold it there,then it will go down to 500 rpm by itself and go back up,but it starts perfect, any help would be appreciated,thanks in advance

0F98F8B2-20C7-45EA-8B59-989952E2313F.jpeg

Have you done anything with the carb? Might have some trash in it.....

I had a 2 brand new carb ,I use the second one,doing the same thing,what’s funny is I can start it after 2 or 3 days it won’t do it until I stop it and start it again

Stock electronic ignition? Have you swapped out that out yet. There's supposed to be ways to test all that but heck if I remember what you need. Pickup inside the distributor going out? Had a broken distributor pickup wire on an 88 Shadow that made it run bad at times and even die once it got hot. It was bad just outside of the distributor body....

I'd do the remote gas tank bit (gallon or more jug) to rule out clogged fuel line, and or tank filter. And change the line filter while you're at it.

Back