• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Need Fargo info

fargojunior

Reaction score
I just pick up a 58 Fargo 1 ton and need to find a source for parts, info and general knowledge. First, it has a flathead 6 and I can’t find what electronic ignition to use on it. Should I leave the points in it or go electronic. It sounds like less maintenance. It has a 300 emblem on the side of the hood but no A or B,C,D or anything before the 300. It is a step side with a 9 foot bed. Is there a dodge model that coresponds with it?

Ok, thanks. It’s basically a c body truck. Now I have more to go with. My wife said the tag on the door jamb is stamped “1950” but I’ve looked at enough photos to identify it as a 58. Is it likely that the tag could’ve been mis-stamped?

Not much help on the identification. When looking a pictures you will need to know what country the pictures are from and the origin of the truck. Apples don't always look like apples.

Likely have your phone camera set to too high a resolution. That quickly increases the file size so either reprogram the phone cam or resize the photos you want to upload.

if it has 300 on the side,it is a one ton. sort of like my truck in avatar here. D300 Dodge is the equivalent. There are a lot of Facebook sites for these types of trucks. The model series for 1957-60 Dodge/Fargo trucks is called the Power Giants.

Split windshield or one piece?
i have a 51 fargo.
aparrently you can convers to electronic using a slant six distributor for parts.
im happy with my point ignition, works very well for me.

Petronix is one way to convert to electronic ign.
the slant 6 conversion hasbeen done successfully, guys on p15-d24.com have covered it. But its a difficult site to navigate.
I have a 51 fargo,1/2 ton and am sticking with the point ignition, with truck on 12 volts it starts quick and runs well.
as the 54 and up dodges are gaining popularity, there will be more stuff available as time goes by.

Back