• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Need Fargo info

fargojunior

Reaction score
I just pick up a 58 Fargo 1 ton and need to find a source for parts, info and general knowledge. First, it has a flathead 6 and I can’t find what electronic ignition to use on it. Should I leave the points in it or go electronic. It sounds like less maintenance. It has a 300 emblem on the side of the hood but no A or B,C,D or anything before the 300. It is a step side with a 9 foot bed. Is there a dodge model that coresponds with it?

fargojunior

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. It’s basically a c body truck. Now I have more to go with. My wife said the tag on the door jamb is stamped “1950” but I’ve looked at enough photos to identify it as a 58. Is it likely that the tag could’ve been mis-stamped?

7mopar

Reaction score
Not much help on the identification. When looking a pictures you will need to know what country the pictures are from and the origin of the truck. Apples don't always look like apples.

Polara_500

Reaction score
Likely have your phone camera set to too high a resolution. That quickly increases the file size so either reprogram the phone cam or resize the photos you want to upload.