• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

My1985 Ramcharger build Ram Wagon

The hottest couple of days this year and it was Creeds only strong end to spend time with dad away from work and the band after he played Friday night at a big bikers rally $30 a head to get in, so the wife and I past on going
to this big 3 day event.

Well Saturday Morning Creed showed up and we made the move on getting the donor engine out and in the ramcharger

As you can see this is a shade tree mechanic work area at it's best..

About 5:30 pm Sunday we took the ramcharger for a test drive , Not knowing if the trans has held up ok after a long stored life of just setting (well over 4 years) when I bout it from my cousin about This time last year.

Well the Ramcharger drove perfectly and the trans sounds and shifted out perfect too :first:
You can only imagine the look on our faces as we drove it off the hill and down the road wondering if the trans was still good, It was and what a great feeling.
We had to go buy a trans cooler because the donor truck was a standard and now we will be changing fluids and a complete tune up, plugs, wires, filters, and install this hood on it's first ramcharger It has been on 3 of my trucks and one of Creeds in the last 13 years since I built it with the help of a friend and his plasma cutter and wire welder.
You can only imagine our happiness and it felt good to do some wrenching with my sons again, we have dun many and this is just another memory made to enjoy for years to come.

A couple of pictures to share here at this great new sight, Hay DD it drove
great, :boxing:
You need more car tents Mike

You need more car tents Mike
I believe you are right bremereric, But when we get this one tagged and insured Victoria (66 Valiant)can move in the nest (tent) and I can start removing all the parts from the head up and repaint and install my new big valve shaved /6 head on her.
Now it's time to change all fluids and filters and a pair of new brake line hoses on the front end of the ramcharger
One line blew on use but it was good to know this before it hit the main roads
And repair the hood for a new paint job, white and matt black with white call outs around the roadrunner hood
Thing are moving forward and I went out and took a couple pictures this morning

Night time ramcharger 034.jpg

Night time ramcharger 035.jpg

Night time ramcharger 036.jpg

Night time ramcharger 037.jpg

That hood looks pretty sharp on there Mike.

Thank you Stan, I have enjoyed driving it this morning and I think to keep it neat and give it a natural look I am going to paint the hood white, well Creed will, Tired and relaxing today, last night we changed trans filter and fluid and got the exhaust all piped up and it sound sweet and pulls great, the RV 318 out of the 3/4 tun is running real good. Creed put the new temp gage in this morning and this project has went a long way in 7 days. Know we need to put the front bumper back on we had to remove to get the cherry picker closer.

memike happy!!

Night time ramcharger 034.jpg

Last edited:
Update :typing:The transmission is getting a total rebuild new high stall stock 1.800 to 2.000 stall and all new HP bands and clutch pac.
The trans has set to long and after driving about 70 miles it is slipping into third gear and some times it will not do anything after it warmed up. so a complete rebuild 1 year warranty from a great MoPar trans builder we know Parts and labor $500.00 not bad at all and it will be all behind me and make this Ram Wagon a dependable traveler :yo:

That's $500 well spent Mike. On your hood I see some red on the front part of the buldge, Are those lights?

:thumb:
That's $500 well spent Mike. On your hood I see some red on the front part of the buldge, Are those lights?
bremereric is correct Stan :cool2: I did that in paint on my computer, and those are the beauty vents that came on a 72/73 road runner, I can remove them and it lets cool fresh air in under the hood.
The new trans is doing great :high5: Creed and a friend of his put it in last night and he is enjoy it today.
He has busted his Aha on the Ramcharger and he loves it.
What a great morning I had when I seen it driving up the hill Just WoW!!!!

:thumb:
bremereric is correct Stan :cool2: I did that in paint on my computer, and those are the beauty vents that came on a 72/73 road runner, I can remove them and it lets cool fresh air in under the hood.
The new trans is doing great :high5: Creed and a friend of his put it in last night and he is enjoy it today.
He has busted his Aha on the Ramcharger and he loves it.
What a great morning I had when I seen it driving up the hill Just WoW!!!!
Mike it is Eric last name Bremer to you

Mike it is Eric last name Bremer to you

Thank you Eric :biggrin:, That is esier to type out :nod:.
As soon as I see the ramcharger again I will put an update picture up of the new trans, another big step forward on my new daily driver.
I will tell you, it has been a very busy strongend and a hot one, Creed is back to work at engines enk, that is his full time job and he is building a 1.900 square foot home on his spare time along with the ZWR band and also all the work he has put in the ramcharger, I went out Saturday and I was the ground man while they put up trusses in 102 heat and went over Sunday for about 3 hours and helped so I guess you can see it was a busy strongend :wave:.
Here is Creeds bosses race car in the parking lot of eng.ink. and my daily driver 66 Valiant sedan I am sure you and many folks know her name

FOR%20SALE%20FABO%20094.jpg

FOR%20SALE%20FABO%20097.jpg

FOR%20SALE%20FABO%20099.jpg

FOR%20SALE%20FABO%20103.jpg

Mike, My strong end was great. Went to a friends beach house Friday night, we caught 20 crab in two pulls of the pots.
Had a great dinner with friends, sent them home with their limits of cooked crab. Got up the next morning and ran down town for breakfast, then went out and pulled the pots one more time. I wound up taking 10 big crabs home for the family to pig out on.
Couldn't have asked for nicer weather, sure felt good to get back out on the water.

Mike, My strong end was great. Went to a friends beach house Friday night, we caught 20 crab in two pulls of the pots.
Had a great dinner with friends, sent them home with their limits of cooked crab. Got up the next morning and ran down town for breakfast, then went out and pulled the pots one more time. I wound up taking 10 big crabs home for the family to pig out on.
Couldn't have asked for nicer weather, sure felt good to get back out on the water.
I bet it did Stan :fish2:
I just enjoyed a PBJ sandwich and a spicy V8 with a 3oz shot of Tequila in it, saving my pennies for a 4 day get away to Tony Fields place so we can go to Monster Mopar on September 23 threw 25.
But know my mouth is watering for some grab :hungry:
I had my first Lobster tail just 4 years ago and it sure was good but not as good as fresh crab, I enjoyed some crab many times in Plant city a farmer we worked for would bring in from somewhere,But going out and doing what you did would be a great addition to my bucket list.
I am very happy to here mother nature kept bad weather away for your time away :biggrin:

Happy to say the Ramcharger has been flawless on 530 miles of in town driving in this Arkansas heat.
Time to move forward and get the intake and Eddy 600 and new intake on.
This intake is made for the 318 and has never been cut or modified :first:
A good match and then charge the A/C... But I think I will let a body shop do there thing :yo: a free labor just cost paint,I and my two sons Mike and Creed will spend a strong end with my younger brother that run's/works at in Memphis Ten.Body shop and said we will have the run of the shop.
Work in the hood and new skin sure will bring this 1985 back to life
I am stoked!! Got the call Saturday from Brother Pete

car%2520pics.jpg

Car%2520pics%2520006.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to hear your ram Charger is doing good, are you changing over from a 2 bbl to a 4 bbl? Or just going to a high rise?

Glad to hear your ram Charger is doing good, are you changing over from a 2 bbl to a 4 bbl? Or just going to a high rise?
changing over from the 2 bbl to the 2170 eddy intake you see and adding a 600 eddy carb.
Leanna is powder coating it for me, She calls the color Allen Silver.
Going for this look :cool2:

19638_1221500133746_1116233757_30542880_1785690_n.jpg

Picture%2520498.jpg

Back