• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

My1985 Ramcharger build Ram Wagon

memike

Reaction score
This truck has been in the family for well over 15 years and my cousin had a hip replacment and had to park it about 7 years ago because it lost two cylinders, turned out to be a flattened cam shaft I seen after I had it towed to my home (my diagnosis)
He changed the timing chain and gears and removed them for another 318 he has.
But for $750.00 I was happy to own it and build me a motor for it.
This is a rust free 85 318 a/c cruse control tilt wheel in great shape.
I will be looking for a timing chain cover and radiator/shroud for it soon.
I will be keeping it white and doing a Harey Davison call outs on it for cruising and using it as a chase truck for a local Bikers club to use in fund raisers and vacation and camping time I enjoy.
Doc said no to motorcycle's so this will be the next best thing.
My Ram Wagon
:usa:

PEACH%20ORCHARD%202010%20ramcharger%20049.jpg

PEACH%20ORCHARD%202010%20ramcharger%20044.jpg

PEACH%20ORCHARD%202010%20ramcharger%20037.jpg

PEACH%20ORCHARD%202010%20ramcharger%20038.jpg

333.jpg

Nice Ram mike, and I see it comes with the complementary bud lite. Oh I just noticed that Jose is along for the ride also. :hippie:

Nice Ram mike, and I see it comes with the complementary bud lite. Oh I just noticed that Jose is along for the ride also. :hippie:
The best water I trust to drink at times stan, and Tequila is a part of my way to keep my system running clean from all the chlorine we get in our drinking water :tea:

you sir should have kept the Memike name:welcome:
I thought about it, but I enjoy my home town of Jonesboro and had a stock car that ran J Town Racing on it.
many Mikes out there in the world :humble:

Me Mike I have several radiators and shrouds available..I just have to pull them a the pick a part place...let me know what the size of the radiator is ...there are many vans there that have great radiators and shrouds intact....great truck for the price and it is me...Eric

We found a great donor truck :biggrin1:, When I say we I men my younger son Creed.
It is a 86 3/4 ton with good a/c and radiator and shroud and many very new parts on the 318. It drives and sounds smooth and no smoke on it :high5: drove it 45 miles home and Creed drove it to work all this week and he and I can't believe how well it drives, well as yall know I needed everything from the timing gears forward and this truck has it all :biggrin1: Timing cover, pulley's, new alt, new water pump, cold A/C, fuel pump, belts, shroud and radiator. and we all know it's good to have a great running 318 in perfect running order.
Creed came buy after work and got the 318 in my ramcharger ready to pull, exhaust manifold off, starter and inspection cover, fly wheel bolts, motor mount nut's off. Just an update for everyone here. :high5:

2011 4th.jpg

2011 4th 034.jpg

2011 4th 032.jpg

2011 4th 035.jpg

Me Mike I have several radiators and shrouds available..I just have to pull them a the pick a part place...let me know what the size of the radiator is ...there are many vans there that have great radiators and shrouds intact....great truck for the price and it is me...Eric
Thank you Eric, But this was the way for me to go and it looks like we did great for $600 on this driver.
We all know how fast parts can hit the wallet when getting an engine complete and running, I think I am money ahead on this truck. this 3/4 tun will bring an easy $400 on the scales back to me when Creed and I remove all the goodies it has, This 318 is 60 hp higher then the norm after Creed did some research on 3/4 tun trucks in 86 and as you can see I have why more parts that is tested to be good.
We was tickled when the A/C worked and seen everything we will need to get the ramcharger on the road over 1 good strong end with me handing wrenches to Creed and keeping him supplied with nut's and bolts in fine fashion.

Last edited:
The hottest couple of days this year and it was Creeds only strong end to spend time with dad away from work and the band after he played Friday night at a big bikers rally $30 a head to get in, so the wife and I past on going
to this big 3 day event.

Well Saturday Morning Creed showed up and we made the move on getting the donor engine out and in the ramcharger

As you can see this is a shade tree mechanic work area at it's best..

About 5:30 pm Sunday we took the ramcharger for a test drive , Not knowing if the trans has held up ok after a long stored life of just setting (well over 4 years) when I bout it from my cousin about This time last year.

Well the Ramcharger drove perfectly and the trans sounds and shifted out perfect too :first:
You can only imagine the look on our faces as we drove it off the hill and down the road wondering if the trans was still good, It was and what a great feeling.
We had to go buy a trans cooler because the donor truck was a standard and now we will be changing fluids and a complete tune up, plugs, wires, filters, and install this hood on it's first ramcharger It has been on 3 of my trucks and one of Creeds in the last 13 years since I built it with the help of a friend and his plasma cutter and wire welder.
You can only imagine our happiness and it felt good to do some wrenching with my sons again, we have dun many and this is just another memory made to enjoy for years to come.

A couple of pictures to share here at this great new sight, Hay DD it drove
great, :boxing:

2011 4th 047.jpg

2011 4th 048.jpg

2011 4th 051.jpg

2011 4th 053.jpg

2011 4th 055.jpg

Back