• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

My latest addition to my Dodge Lineup

Tank installed with adapters.....

Front of tank.....
PC050047.JPG

Rear of tank......
PC060010.JPG

The original filler tube to tank "connector hose" was a straight 4" hose, 2 1/4" inside diameter as shown in this photo. I used a new "connector hose" from Tanks Inc, p/n NE-60L. This fuel hose is also 2 1/4" ID, but incorporates a 60 degree bend. I needed this since I had rotated the filler neck on the tank 60 degrees forward to avoid having to cut the original floor pan for clearance. I also needed to trim the length of the new "connector hose" by 2" on each end as also shown in the photo.

PC110021.JPG

Rotated filler neck to avoid need to cut original floor.
PC120023.JPG

Trimmed the new connector hose to fit. Did NOT have to shorten the original steel filler tube to connect with this hose and rotated filler neck. Reused original clamps as well.
PC120025.JPG

Looks good but does hang a little low. But where would this old truck go that it would really make a difference. Years ago when it had to work to pay for its self it would have been a whole different situation.

Looks good but does hang a little low. But where would this old truck go that it would really make a difference. Years ago when it had to work to pay for its self it would have been a whole different situation.

Yep, that was exactly my take on it too. Back in the day it might have been a little more important to have another two inches of clearance on the tank, but these days my occasional driving will all be on paved roads and little chance of ever having a clearance problem with it. Plus it is better than the alternative of having the truck inop due to no gas tank at all.

Back