• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

motor build question

I'm figuring 21.5 33 15 Mickey's & street riding with the front dropped 6" & the rear 8" Damn that puts me back on 33's again! A 5.9 Mag/518 with 4.10's are the plans

Maaaan , That's gunna look sick ! My wife's been wanting to do another hot rod truck . She had a 440 lil red years ago with 18" wide mickey T's under the rear , and to be honest I've been kinnda wanting to go fast again myself . That's one of the reason's why I'm gunna try to jump on that 41 and you know it's gunna have a big block Mopar under the tilt nose . I told my freind that he can keep the mouse thats in it now . But first I have to find a new home for the other two toy's . I'm gunna hate to see them go , but I have to keep reminding myself what's gunna be going in the garage in there place .

I have a soft spot for H code Darts! I wish you lived closer I'd like to help on that 41'

I wish you live closer to . It sounds like we would get along good liveing next door to each other . lol Plus we realy want the Dart to go to a good home , we've had it sense around the mid to late 80's .

LOL , Maybe you might want to put up a gate and not tear it down . I'm not a pritty site standing out on my deck first thing in the morning . lol

Hey You have a point there! I'd park the cars & trucks a little different so you couldn't see so well! I grew up on the mount & like to exercise the "Right to wizz off the front porch or any porch for that matter. Hell,I live in the city now & sometimes I go out on the front porch at 3AM or so & close my eyes picture myself back home & wizz proudly off my front porch. LOL
It's kinda hard to fight that rebel urge!

Tell me about it , I'm kinnda a rebel country boy myself and I live just outside the city and I hate it . Every time I'm out working on something in my driveway or in my garage with the doors open , I have everybody in town slowing down to see what I'm doing now or stopping by to ask question about what I'm working on or whats parked there . It's taken me sometime's four hours just to wash my truck .

Tell me about it , I'm kinnda a rebel country boy myself and I live just outside the city and I hate it . Every time I'm out working on something in my driveway or in my garage with the doors open , I have everybody in town slowing down to see what I'm doing now or stopping by to ask question about what I'm working on or whats parked there . It's taken me sometime's four hours just to wash my truck .

I occasionally get that with my Dart usually from other Mopar guys. After I bought 42 pickup it got really bad so I ended up putting it in storage till I am ready to work on it. I don't mind BS'ing with other car or truck guys but most of the time its people who don't know anything and they are just being curious so that gets old fast.

Shoot, our 498 (stroked 440) never had to be concreted, anyways if you need parts I have a massive stockpile of Mopar Parts and am currently building a 1971 440 for a Charger lol, 440s are great for torque but for a budget a .030 or .040" over block shouldn't do bad for pushing around the big truck, avoid intakes like Torkers and weind stealths though, you will want something like an Edlebrock air gap or rpm for keeping good amounts of torque. You can get decent numbers from the stock heads if you get them done right, but aim for heads made between 1967 to 1971 since they were the best flowing. Cam will make a big difference in the engine, our GTX runs a Comp and that car pulls VERY HARD, given it's been stroked. As always headers will help performance and make sure that you get sufficient oiling, you may lose a few HP to run a high volume oil pump but it is well worth the insurance to keep the engine in one piece, also make sure to give the cooling system some attention too!

Back