• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Members "Engine Build" ideas thread....

Lets get this thread re-started. I love talking about engines and dream builds/maybe reality. Mine is what I'm currently going to try and build. LA based block 426 stroker (have block fully finished and ready,have rods). The shortblock: custom Bryant crankshaft with the REM polishing, Crower rods, Custom Pistons, King coated bearings throughout, light weight ring set and, all oil system mods (see for a bodies only: small block tech.). The top end, this is where it gets cool: Custom Made Aluminum Poly-sphere heads. I have a buddy that is a real Wiley Coyote "Super Genius" CNC machinist. Who has scanned and, currently working on fixing all the problem areas. The intake runner will be fashioned in the W2 version. The intake layout will be a custom blower. The fuel system was going to be a fuel injection system with hard lines to look like it is running alcohol which it's kind of is E-85. Now were going with direct injection with fixing the inherit thin walls of the Poly head and, opening them up to flow at 195 maybe more don't really know yet as, all this is in R&D (AutoDesk). All valve's, lock's, retainer's titanium, beehive springs must have custom ground cam and, special T&D rocker system. Now, I know this sounds like a lot but, when there is insanity involved anything is possible. That's why my buddy and I get along so well. We both think outside of the box, way outside. let's talk engine's.
You seem to have your recipe figured out! I didn't get to my Dart this year, too busy messing around with my '66 Polara 500 I got, it took all my time.

Just looked at my posts above, it's been three damn years since I did anything to it! I thought maybe two,but another year slipped by me. But I have the basic pieces sitting right next to the car, 413, 727, tti headers, '68 K frame, and '73 upper control arms, spindles, along with pin style 11 & 3/4" discs and calipers. The 413 is rebuilt and should be good to go with the Edelbrock Performer RPM intake I got for it, and an Edelbrock 750cfm AFB. Fiberglass hood, fenders, bumpers front and rear, full GT interior, buckets and console, and the floor shift manual steering column I just got in August. Time to get this car back on the road, able to drive and dare I say, stop on its own. Then I'll rack up as many miles as I can before it goes into the fleet rotation. It will be fun having three or four vehicles to choose for driving duties.

Nice Locu. Only thing I'd change out is that Eddy carb. They never seem to run right. The new street demons or the summit carbs are really good, pretty much bolt on and go from my experiences.

Yep,Right with ya's. I'm constantly suffering that old oriental disease funslo

Back