• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Man this forum section is really slow, where is everyone ?????

Budnicks

Old Dog But Learning New Tricks
Reaction score
Is it the whole forum, I see I'm second most poster this month with 1
{with actually 3 or 4 (?) posts now}

where is everyone ???

With hundreds of possible forums to join and participate in I am happy to see what does get on here. I am told that most folks use all of 'those' social media sites to do what the forums were designed to do...personally, not interested in them.

I like the content here too, that's why I joined

seems every time I come on, there's nobody around
Just wondering if there was some type of change ?

unfortunately I don't post here much either, over @ For B-Bodies Only mostly
some @ the Plymouth Roadrunner Forum too another 1 of Joeys forums

I do check in here from time to time

glad to see some activity too

thanks for the responses

Personally , I "like" this forum . There's some great guy's on here and don't even get me started on some of the talent and knowledge I've seen posted . "Why" it's not busier , has always been beyond me .

You think the Dodge side of this form is slow check the Chevy and Ford post almost nothing this year.
I like this form also and would hate to see it go from lack of activity.

I think part of it also is the way people think about trucks in general . They put them second to a classic car . They still think of them as there work horse , tow vehicle , daily driver , Wheeler , etc. . But in all reality building a truck whether it be a classic or not is in some way's harder then building a car . A lot of people ( not saying everybody ) build cars because that's what everybody else in the hobby is doing . Me , myself , I like to be different and not one of the crowd and you can see that in anything I've ever built for myself . Whether it be a car , truck , bike , whatever . I really noticed separation between classic cars and trucks when we first started to show our other Warlock we had ( Big Red ) . If you notice the next time you go to a car show , how many class's there are for trucks ( If any ) . The most I've ever seen is two . 2 wheel drive , 4 wheel drive . So in a round about way , that could be why not everybody is always on here . It's a shame too , because like I said before , I think it's a good site and there's been and is some darn good people on here ..... Ok , I'll get off my milk crate now and stop my lil speech . :)

I get what your saying
My trucks have been become secondary to my 68 RR too...
Been a while since I've done a truck build, other than just bolt on or tinkering...

I'm helping my neighbor Darren {Ca. Game Warden}
do a frame off 68 CJ5 Jeep/Kaiser 225ci V6 Dauntless 3 speed/OD, Dana 44's
that was his dads from new, he's a real novas, but he's willing to learn,
but had some body shop experiences {his dad owned in Oakdale for 20+ years}

So it's not all to bad, he listens & I really appreciate it,
I tell him something & he trusts what I say, that's a real rarity today,
everyone thinks they have all the answers...LOL
He is certainly a OCD type guy, that asks a lot of questions,
kind of over thinks stuff, it's his baby thou, he wants it right...

It's been a while since I did a Jeep too, but it's not rocket science...
It all comes back pretty quickly, BUT;
I do find myself using Google search & the Willys Kaiser site searching stuff,
refreshing my memory a bit too...

Sounds like a good build . You should get him to start a build thread here . And I know what your saying about "It's been a while" . Even after all the different types of builds I've done over the years . I still find myself refreshing ( Or trying too . lol ) my memory on things . And the way I look at it is that no-matter how much you've done or how much you know , there's always something else to learn and no one knows everything . :)

Everybody does things a little different. Got no problem fabing things but have definitely seen some things here I would not have tried without seeing it done.
Which bring me to the conclusion I really need to post some pictures the 82 is far from done but may give someone else an idea.

Everybody does things a little different. Got no problem fabing things but have definitely seen some things here I would not have tried without seeing it done.
Which bring me to the conclusion I really need to post some pictures the 82 is far from done but may give someone else an idea.
There yah go "7Mopar" ! Post them up ! You never know where your next idea is going to come from and it could be just the littlest thing or something major . Yah never know ! :rolleyes:

7mopar
I'd like to see the progress of the 82 also !!

I owned a 83 W-150 Power Ram 4 speed, lifted 4" 35/Q78's some time ago,
I took the weak 318 fast burn out, after the catalytic converter clogged &
replaced it with a well appointed 360ci/w 340-X heads, stuff I had in the garage,
a good Norris 477/280 low end torque cam & a LD 340 intake &
reworked Thermoquad, with 1-5/8" shorty headers, dual 2-1/4" exhaust...
It was my daily driver, construction rig, with rack & tool boxes etc.
Unfortunately it got wrecked/hit & rebuilt twice...LOL
I started to get pretty good at metal prep, reworking all the steel panels
especially on the bed sides, long flat sort of/arched...
I used all the same OE metal...
Ended up selling it to a friends kid, that stiffed me on $300 of the price...
Long story for another day....

Post up some photos

Yah see "7Mopar" ? Your getting a following already and you haven't even started posting yet ! :D

-I think its the time of year! I myself stay inside in the hot days, I spent the last decade out doors in un-A/C'd buildings workin' my ass off, for next to nothing, now being retired due limiting health issues, piss on it, I stay in my little A/C'd hobby shop and wood shop, doing things I used to do regularly outdoors in 100 degree plus temps.... and 4 years ago I remember the wife giving me a loada shit on a $200 15,000 BTU A/C, that she NOW enjoys herself in the shop (she does crafts when not busy with school and work.) SO....... I was right in the end after all! LOL

BUT the time of year, (summer) and now more toward the end of it beginning of fall people are hustling to get things all said and done for the season, so......... less activity..... And then you got those garage grease monkeys (I'm one myself when I can) thats not online a lot in the summer when not blistering hot outside!

Yep, kind of the same here,
I use to work out in the heat a ton, building/construction
or racing etc.

Now is the best time of year other than spring to work out in my garage
it has South Eastern exposure & it has direct sunlight until after 6 pm
I've been putting a bunch of my RR projects off because of heat
or leaving the door between the garage & house open with A/C blasting
just to cope, livable @ about 80*, not sweating like a pig, doing nothing...

I love the summer, but working in the heat sucks...

Your not kiddin workin' in the heat sucks.... I can't imagine the heat you get out there......... BUT then too, I got that damned humidity crap too.... ERRRR don't remind me its been humid here the past couple days too!

I'm at ForAbodies most of the time. Have the Dak for daily use.
Want to have it built, but haven't got the funds right now. Not sure of if I want lowered or raised anyway, will see

Back