• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Line boring

I'll amend my rant just a little. I don't like to see diesels in something that didn't have them. But I'll quit my bitching, cause I want to make a truck with stuff it didn't have. Some of them are pretty cool, actually. I just don't want to see everything end up with a diesel in it. Rant done.
Hey , Rant on my friend . I totally hear what your saying . It seems like everyone is jumping on the diesel swap band wagon . Like I said , I'm a gas engine type of guy myself and my preference is Big Block Mopars . But I'll be honest with you , I don't mind getting my hands in an Old's motor every once in a while too . lol

I'll amend my rant just a little. I don't like to see diesels in something that didn't have them. But I'll quit my bitching, cause I want to make a truck with stuff it didn't have. Some of them are pretty cool, actually. I just don't want to see everything end up with a diesel in it. Rant done.

I'ma truck kinda guy. I have my LOVE of muscle cars too.... (God please bring me a '70 Coronet, ANYTHING!) but in trucks, if I was to do something "different" and as you all know I wanna keep my current '67 stock for the most part..... BUT if I had to, or HAD another Dodge to build, (I didn't build the current one!) I THINK I might look into Kitty Power...... NOT Cummins (Altho NICE in a truck that didn't have it "different" sure, but DIFFERENT having a CAT under the hood! Say, a 3208? OR a C-4 or C-5 (The older ones!?) -Those NOT with the Accert Technology in them. Pre-that era..... ? Now THATS different, and THAT is a step above using a Cummins (YES, I'm a true Mopar or "Dodge" guy,. but........) How do you catch a Cummins? You come up behind it in a CAT!!!!!

Plus its an eye catcher too, as you don't often see a CAT engine in any pick up!!!!! And those that were made with them (Ford comes to mind here) they're weren't many made so... VERY seldomly do you see a CAT in a pick up! No less a 1100 Series CAT V-8... thats one thing, a turbo'd 1150/1160 making a 3298? Thats getting warmer, and no all that different when even put into a DODGE................. BUT, a straight 4 or a small straight 6? CAT? C-4 to C-6? Older rebuilt? Now thats different! A GOOD old 420 Backhoe, with a BIG C-6 CAR in it, would be GREAT...... isn't that how Cummins came to Dodge? Wasn't the Cummins 5.9L originally a Backhoe engine?

Granted, I AM a gasoline engine kinda guy, if I HAD Too and had the means too, you really think I'd be putting a Diesel in my current '67 if something happen to the 383? HELL NO!

Granted if I got a CAT at a price that I couldn't refuse I'd think about it, BUT IF I had the $$$$$$ and the 383 went, and needed to be replaced.............

426 Wedge or HEMI all the way, a legend engine be taking that saddle...... Probably if I were too, a 528 HEMI, with it looking like a 426 Hemi 2x4 inline intake, and Aluminum "MOPAR HEMI" black valve covers with fins.......

NOW I KNOW, and you should too.............................that I'm dreamin'!!!!!! :rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

Granted, I AM a gasoline engine kinda guy, if I HAD Too and had the means too, you really think I'd be putting a Diesel in my current '67 if something happen to the 383? HELL NO!

Granted if I got a CAT at a price that I couldn't refuse I'd think about it, BUT IF I had the $$$$$$ and the 383 went, and needed to be replaced.............

426 Wedge or HEMI all the way, a legend engine be taking that saddle...... Probably if I were too, a 528 HEMI, with it looking like a 426 Hemi 2x4 inline intake, and Aluminum "MOPAR HEMI" black valve covers with fins.......

NOW I KNOW, and you should too.............................that I'm dreamin'!!!!!! :rolleyes::D:rolleyes:
lol ! You forgot one . What about the 413 wedge ? Or maybe the RB 383 , Hmmm ? :rolleyes:

lol ! You forgot one . What about the 413 wedge ? Or maybe the RB 383 , Hmmm ? :rolleyes:

Nope! Sorry man! All you said ARE good engines! BUT, 426 Wedge, or 426 Hemi, (more like a 528 Hemi), if I were to replace that engine in my '67..... and had the $$$$$ to do so! I am just fond of the "426" numerals! :D

RB 383.. good luck finding one of those old bastards! Only made them a little over a year!

Nope! Sorry man! All you said ARE good engines! BUT, 426 Wedge, or 426 Hemi, (more like a 528 Hemi), if I were to replace that engine in my '67..... and had the $$$$$ to do so! I am just fond of the "426" numerals! :D

RB 383.. good luck finding one of those old bastards! Only made them a little over a year!
Just remember , You can have allllll the motor in the world under the hood . But if it's not built to what your putting it in , It'll never be what you thought . Just say'in :cool:

Just remember , You can have allllll the motor in the world under the hood . But if it's not built to what your putting it in , It'll never be what you thought . Just say'in :cool:

Yeah I know...... I just want that "power" and to top it all off, a 528 Hemi, under the hood of my truck? Yeah that be kick ass!!!! -AND still be 4x4 as Big Brother USA made it to be!

I want a 528 Hemi under the hood of the Dart, but I don't know if that will ever pan out. I will have a 500+ ci engine in there someday (maybe a lot sooner than I had planned since I have to build an engine instead if dropping one in). For my truck, I keep thinking less overall power because it will be a tar baby. I won't need anything but torque to make it go. Won't be pulling any mountains anytime soon, so it won't even need that much. I'll make a stout engine that is all in at a nice RPM for cruising around town and saving me some pennies in the fuel dept.

Torque is a truck requirement. Add lots of hp and its just going to tare things up. Add heavy duty transfer, trans frame stiffeners and axles. Before you know it could have bought new truck.

I have one of the boys that thought he need one of those high hp engines in his ramcharger rock crawler. After spending a small fortune on heavy duty parts to prevent the constant breakage discovered a high torque 4 cylinder Toyota would get him farther into the hills with way more reliability.
When it comes to hauling and towing reality checks can come in expensive packages.

Yeah I'm just dreamin' I'd be better off thinkin' I was putting a Cummins in my '67 then stuffing a 528 Hemi under its hood... LOL and the Cummins isn't gonna happen so.... Day Dreamin' outload is all. the 383 however remains, and thats just how it has to be for now! BUT "building" up whats existing...... that could actually happen!

Back