• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Like A Hole In The Head

So I finally picked up the Sonoramic intake 2 weeks ago. Been busier than I wanted to be before and after I picked them up. I worked all but 3 days of possible work the month of March and hopped aboard a Spirit Air flight to Atlanta on March 30th. Got there just fine, bumpiest flight I've ever been on, but I slept fine. :smuggrin:

I get to the rental counter, "Did you need a pickup?" I look at my reservation for a truck, "Uh, yeah." "We'll have to find you one. 10-15 minutes felt like 2 hours. They listed a Ford F-150. "How's a Dodge Ram?" "Fine by me." Walk outside to see a Crew cab Hemi powered 2wd. Hell yeah, a Mopar to haul parts for another Mopar!

Got on the road heading south and met up with a FABO member who sold me my fiberglass hood, trunk, fenders, and both bumpers for my Dart. Shot the shit while relaxing with a couple beers them headed north to Chattanooga, my overnight stop.

Got to where I needed to be, but wasn't able to get ahold of my sister to call her sister in law to open up the house, so I slept in the truck. Not the best sleep, but I survived.

Headed out back towards the upper Midwest, and man, unlike the speed they drive down there, I blended well. Mostly uneventful til I was on my way to a small town in Illinois that sent me on class 3 semi routes. Like a bat outta Hell I was making great time. My route took me past 3 prisons, correctional facilities, and through a few small towns, seeing old Dodge trucks in each one. My head was on a swivel! I finally made it to another small town where I was able to finally touch MY Sonoramic intakes! Even though I won't use them for quite a while, it was nice to have them in hand. Bullshitted with another FABO member for a while and hit the road.

I knew it would as going to be a long day on the road. I pulled into a gas station to do something, took an eye drop and woke up 2-3 hours later and th store was closed! I can only imagine the cashier wondering what the hell I was doing. Put her in gear and headed north after my unexpected rest. Made it home just fine, stopped and talked to the girlfriend at work, dropped off the parts at my storage shed and went home to sleep. Woke up the next morning and drove 2 hours to Minneapolis to drop off the truck and pick up my car and head home. Day off Sunday, back to work Monday to save up for more parts. Which I got a console for the Polara the next week, complete with shifter and all the linkage, for a song and a dance from A FCBO member.:) I need a higher paying job!

Longest trip I've ever taken to get some parts. Planned well ahead of time, both purchases were held for my convenience thanks to the kind sellers, it still felt like I just found out about the parts and said "let's go!". Even told Laura almost a full month before I left (I usually give hours notice, sometimes a day). I'd do it all over again tomorrow.

You could have come threw western Missouri I would have stored that intake for you awhile for free.

the first 6pck set up , was ford cards . ran them on a 383 in a 65 880 rag standard 6pck manifold . it would pull it up to @ 145 . tall gears and 6k on the tach , speedo 120 was the end of second gear . it was a fun ride , watching the guys see the speedo go 120 then i shifter it into drive . and it takes off noise up , with a 130k miles on her , lol . she in need of some work now .

Yeah, they are Ford carbs per the part number, but Chrysler didn't have anything for a full on mechanical setup so those are the carbs they went with. Guess ill need an extra long fuel line when I switch tops at the track... That race setup probably won't.t get used much, but it still looks cool as crap sitting still.

yes it does require a fuel line from pass side to drvr side . i made a fuel rail that mounted on valve cover bolts , and a line with a mirco filter to have a place to separate the long fuel line , go from one intake to another easier .

Back