• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Lets see your Dodge trucks! Post some Pic's!

And lets not forget this is an all factory installed 366 4 barrel truck:cool2: with a friggen factory sway bar :shocked: Yep I am jealous :yo:
His ramcharger drives and handles great, I must find me a front sway bar one day.

And lets not forget this is an all factory installed 360 4 barrel truck:cool2: with a friggen factory sway bar :shocked: Yep I am jealous :yo:
His ramcharger drives and handles great, I must find me a front sway bar one day.

Check out the chopped 76 pickup on www.lhmopars.com the late model front wrap is pretty cool. You will need to look under the 1999 Mopar Nationals tab and then go the truck section

Maan , somebody went threw a lot of work ! It looks like the only thing that's 76 is the cab . If it were mine , Id be running a 440 in it .

Here's my daily driver

My 57 is a mixture of parts but still retains the original push button automatic shifter. Right now its running a stock mid eighties 360 with an aluminum air gap intake topped with an edelbrock 650 carb. Its got a set of shorty headers running out to duel exhaust. The 727 automatic is a 64 that was in it with a poly 318 when I bought it. The tranny was modified to run LA small block torque converters so who knows what might wind up in there. The 8 3/4 rear end is also out of the 64 donor car. The front end is the original straight axel with the exception of the 79 pickup power steering setup. With the viper blue and bright white mixed with loads of blue pearl paint, the big window cab, and the unusual one year body style it gets lots of attention and thumbs up whenever I'm out with it. The truck gets driven too its been my daily driver for close to 10 years and over 40 thousand miles. Started out it was just going to be a landing spot for spare parts but things kind of snowballed to what you see. Its got A, B, & E parts chrysler and newer truck stuff some I had some I just had to have. But theres only one part not mopar and its the front bumper off a scout, I just don't like how bulky the originals are.

real proud or this total surprise
http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/eventcoverage/1406_cool_cars_of_mopars_at_the_strip/

Big window project pickup 001.jpg

57 d100 002.jpg

100_0032.jpg

Last edited:
That is one cooooool truck Birdman ! :thumb:

Power steering from a '79 Dodge truck? Could you please post some pictures of your setup and how it mounts to the frame & interfaces with the straight axle? I would really like to convert mine to power steering, but haven't decided the best way to get it done. I really don't want to put a subframe on it like most do.

The Steering box, mount and shaft were all 79 (not positive on year) 1/2 ton 4x4 parts. I will try to get some pictures for you tomorrow. I had to cutoff the original 57 steering column short enough to weld the splined end of the 79 steering column that slips into wobble joint (I don't know not what the technical name is) on the end of the shaft from the 79 steering box. At the local John Deere dealership I got a bering that fit over the steering shaft yet snugly inside the hollow original 57 steering column to keep it centered coming out the column but still allowing it to turn freely. Then welded a mount together to take up the space between the steering box mount and frame at the end facing the firewall. Using the 3 factory holes in the steering box mount the back 2 going through the spacer into the frame and the front directly into the frame.I bolted the steering box to the frame at an angle to allow the ends of the column and steering coupler to come together close enough that the wobble joint picked up the rest of the angle. I thought I had got the angle right but the truck does turn sharper one way than the other because I didn't have the arm out of the steering box centered when I mounted it. I had the arm on the steering box facing straight down but didn't allow for the angle the steering box was mounted at. The clearances are pretty tight anyway so I don't know if you can get a true center on the turning radius.

Last edited:
A couple more things on the 57 steering column you have to leave the inside shaft that goes to the original steering box longer than the outside column when you cut them off so the bering can keep it centered and to allow room to weld the splined 79 end on to it. Also once you cutoff the hollow 57 center shaft and weld the solid 79 splined end on it no more original horn because the wire can't go down the center shaft anymore. The rubber cover that keeps the grease in the wobble joint on the 4x4 steering shaft will disinigrate as soon as you start working with it and is unavailable, at least around here. So I bought a CV joint cover from a Honda big bear ATV and it fits super.Finally I never mentioned the wobble shaft will need shortened as well and this how you get everthing back together. you need to cut it short enough that there is still back and forth room to slip the shafts together and still get the drift pin in, but short enough that when everythings together the wobble joint works both side to side and back and forth. I'm no mental giant so if I can do this so can you.

Last edited:
a couple more pictures

Final 2 shots one picture shows clearance with the wheels turned all the way to the right. The second is a good shot of the spacer that the back of the mount needed to make up for the curve in the front frame rails.

Thanks a lot for posting the great pics. I was wondering how you got the output shaft in the right position and the pictures speak for themselves. Looks pretty good sitting there.

You must be a true Mopar guy Birdman . Because we can't always go out and buy the parts for our trucks like so many other brands , so we end up making them . "Good work" !

Thanks, for the positive comments. Yes Bear it is easier to go with mopar stuff because I can usually trade with friends for the parts I need. Also I wouldn't want to have to put a disclaimer "SBC" slow because its chevy on any of my stuff.

The blue & white pickup is my 1957 D-100. It was a one year only body style and was the first year Dodge pickup hoods opened from the front. Previous to this they had what was called a clam shell hood which opened from each side with a strip down the middle.

Looks like you could do some serious damage with that front bumper ! If I drove an import I think I'd be getting out of your way if I were in front of you . lol

Back