• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

So it was mid 90's yesterday, and I got home, let the dogs out, and we got drenched a minute later. But it felt good, cooled me off. I was still wearing my work uniform..

Today was 96 and felt even worse. West wind blowing strong that made it better. No it didn't. That uniform is a long sleeved flash resistant shirt/pants that keeps the heat in, going to sweat a lot this summer!

Got home and got the dogs out right as the temp dropped, and before the rain came. Saw a line of rain out in the farm field north of my house, a solid line going east to west. Pretty cool looking.

Rain before noon yesterday, cleared up, then rained overnight. Today was overcast and a little cooler

Got done with the shutdown, eight days straight. Already spent that money on some wheels and tires for my 71 Monaco wagon.

It was hot, rainy, overcast followed by a cool down over the last two days. I lost some weight sweating and running all over the plant. Went up about 60 or 70 flights of stairs over two days, I'm fine with flat land for a while.

Have a couple decent days for my days off, with rain landing on a day I work, then nice weather for my 5 days off. Hoping to get a fence installed for the dogs, the Polara running again, bring home a 440 and some work benches. Maybe even get my 14' enclosed trailer from my buddy so I can organize my mess of parts. I have two weeks til the big show and need some old ride to make it there.

Between mowing grass, work, doctor visits and rain days not much else is getting done here. Good the hear you are managing the stairs. Worked in 8000 sf of three floors last week and my back was glad to get out of there after two days. 60 or 70 flights would not have happened.

Rain for the next three days. It was just starting to dry up on the walking surface. Please don't get off the drive.

Rain here today. Hoping I can pull out the clothes line poles. The previous owner put concrete around the bottom. :banghead:

Rained on and off Wed, Thurs and Fri morning some. Sun came out yesterday, got all my mowing done and remembered sunscreen. Sunny and warm today again

I guess I missed this one, when did you get this wagon?
April 2 I went and picked it up in Idaho. Rented a diesel and a U-Haul for the trek. The wagon didn't like any speed above 60 until I was just east of Gillette Wyoming.
PXL_20220403_170845071.jpg

PXL_20220404_001343220.jpg

PXL_20220404_014102108.jpg

Last edited:
Wasn't that wagons a bit large for the little U-Haul?
It fit fine for the wheelbase. The extra overhang moved the weight back enough to make it away in the roads through Montana and Wyoming. It got better the further east I headed. I was able to do 70-75 on flat land. Didn't even notice the two door hardtop I towed home a year earlier, same rig and trailer combo. You can actually haul an Imperial on a U-Haul, and it's probably under 500lbs heavier. Obviously a larger trailer would be better.

It fit fine for the wheelbase. The extra overhang moved the weight back enough to make it away in the roads through Montana and Wyoming. It got better the further east I headed. I was able to do 70-75 on flat land. Didn't even notice the two door hardtop I towed home a year earlier, same rig and trailer combo. You can actually haul an Imperial on a U-Haul, and it's probably under 500lbs heavier. Obviously a larger trailer would be better.
May have been the wind hitting it. That a lot of tail sail.

Back