• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

80's here today in PA!
butt.gif

We have been in three states today. Cooled off pretty fast when the sun went down. Wind has been blowing from the north all day. Guess which way we were headed?

Still veryly above freezing this morning. Looks like two more nights of it. Haven't seen this much rain and mud in months. Oh well we are home and I will have to get use to it again.

We had frozen water lines last night in the trailer. Not solid enough to cause a failure. Just enough to cause flow problems. The water pump doesn't do a good job of compressing air.
My mom and dad pilgrimage south for thirty years. While talking with mom yesterday she said we came back a month to soon. They always tried not to be back in Iowa till after the first of June.

Snowed yesterday, dropped about 3"s. Just about all of it is gone today. The forecasted temps are going to be up and down

Up early. Have to meet a friend at spring Carlisle to pick up a ton of parts. Again, tomorrow to meet up with another friend. But then I will go in and see what I can find. Spring and fall Carlisle I usually find deals since it is alot of non-Mopar sellers and Mopar stuff is almost given away. At least it will be in the 60's!

Wet and more wet. Should be nice this weekend, and of course I'm working. Still haven't checked on the truck, maybe Monday or Tuesday.

How's that new job coming along?
Coming along fine. Slow learning process, three years until I'm comfortable, that's what they tell me. Just learning the basics, little sections of the process. But I get to climb on top of big tanks, and outdoors too! (It shows me how out of shape I am) And I'm comfortable with my take home pay, I haven't worked any overtime yet. My ten year plan is back in action now, even if I don't see results for a year or two. The end goal is what drives me.

Coming along fine. Slow learning process, three years until I'm comfortable, that's what they tell me. Just learning the basics, little sections of the process. But I get to climb on top of big tanks, and outdoors too! (It shows me how out of shape I am) And I'm comfortable with my take home pay, I haven't worked any overtime yet. My ten year plan is back in action now, even if I don't see results for a year or two. The end goal is what drives me.
Stay off those big tanks during lightning storms.

They have good safety procedures in place, they wouldn't put me in harms way.
You mean they don't want a cooked hot dog on top a tank to creat static electricity. Did they give you an idea how thick that metal is? If a security issue a simple yes will do.
Back when I was climbing, towers were off limits also if the weather looked any amiss. That was long before cell phones. Those are likely off limit on top a tank also. Likely on a communication tower also. Even though we were allowed radios to communicate with those hundreds of feet below. But they operated on a completely different frequency than the tower.

Back