• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

I need to get busy and fix a lock and door handle on ours. For some reason the battery was dead the other day. Door lock is on the passenger side. No handle. The working door handle is on the driver's side and no lock. May have to find a shade tree to work under.

80s thru Saturday them 90s Sunday and Monday, sold the 56 yesterday, we will deliver on Monday, sad

262E5A10-AB4C-4A1A-AE4A-BAA521DE947F.jpeg

97 and down right toasty. Been working on the car under a shade tree and with a breeze has not been to bad. Will have to move it in a little bit to follow the shade.
The wife just complained about it being hot in the house. She has been sitting in the ac all afternoon.

91 and humid. Rained at the house, not sure if it did at work, the car didn't look like it got wet. I don't have good AC at work, so I suffer through. Conditioned by my last job, it's tolerable, and I like that it doesn't bother me when I'm working on my stuff at home, all I get is whatever breeze is available.

Waiting on some parts to start the four speed car, so I haven't done much the last few weeks. Need to get a move on.

91 and humid. Rained at the house, not sure if it did at work, the car didn't look like it got wet. I don't have good AC at work, so I suffer through. Conditioned by my last job, it's tolerable, and I like that it doesn't bother me when I'm working on my stuff at home, all I get is whatever breeze is available.

Waiting on some parts to start the four speed car, so I haven't done much the last few weeks. Need to get a move on.
You've been paying too close attention, grasshopper. Time to get busy. :angelic:

Got one door done on the Avenger. Who ever designed these door handles should have had their behind kicked. They were probably a breeze on the assembly line with no glass in the door. Assembled not only is a glass in the way but also the window track. Have one bolt and a door lock to snap into place. Will give it a go in the morning. Maybe less frustration will be the key. At least one side is done.

Got one door done on the Avenger. Who ever designed these door handles should have had their behind kicked. They were probably a breeze on the assembly line with no glass in the door. Assembled not only is a glass in the way but also the window track. Have one bolt and a door lock to snap into place. Will give it a go in the morning. Maybe less frustration will be the key. At least one side is done.
I watched a video of the door being taken apart. What a cluster! Need a helper to do it, yeah, sure. I'll get to it soon, I hope!

I watched a video of the door being taken apart. What a cluster! Need a helper to do it, yeah, sure. I'll get to it soon, I hope!
How you coming along with the door glass? In emergencies I have just blocked then up with a piece of wood. It at least beats plastic bags.

Bob picked up this 97 Chev super clean truck as our new daily driver $4500. I guess good deal. I know Bob never really enjoyed driving the Honda, everything works great on this truck.
1A8844BF-992B-4A7D-B1F2-112A5569EB4A.jpeg
5DCBA4E2-9D76-400E-A999-930D17344A23.jpeg

Last edited:
Both doors on the Avenger now work door handles and locks. Only problem is believe I left two rods lose. It will take longer to pull the panel than to put them back into their guides.

Heater fan got looked at cleaned and lubricated. Got one brush getting real short but it's up and working again for now. Will decide later if $50 will be spent on a new one. Also got the new front tires put on. Had one the tread separated on and cords were showing on the bulge. At least there will no longer be a front end vibration.

Cooling system cleaner also got installed. Been running on water and rust since spring. Getting time for some antifreeze and an A/C system check. May get that done tomorrow if someone doesn't think we have more running to do. Hopefully at least a parts run in the morning will be made if they all come in.

Someone thinks she needs a car again this will have to do till a Honda gets fixed.

Last edited:
Rained this morning, cleared up in the afternoon. The humidity went back up some. I got my lawn mowed tonight and it is dry. We need more rain

How you coming along with the door glass? In emergencies I have just blocked then up with a piece of wood. It at least beats plastic bags.
Oh, my usual pace, haven't touched it. Tomorrow I'll think about working on it. Need to check my power steering hoses on the 98 Ram, fluid is out faster than you can fill it. Then do the window. Then try to start the four speed car. That's the plan.

Back