• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Garbage disposal this morning and traffic court this afternoon. Some officers are just plain stupid and case was dropped. Nothing done at home. Oh did get some transmission parts ordered for the Ford that are to be in Friday. So the day was not a total loss. Weather this week so far has been great.

73 as I type this. Tough to enjoy the weather working six days a week, now 48 hrs vs the 72 when I worked twelve hour shifts. Somehow still sleep most of the day. Selling off parts I won't be using, need to get some money to give myself a bigger cushion.

Last edited:
Got a call this morning Ford parts are in a day early. Will pick them up tomorrow. Really enjoying this dry weather.

Still trying to get a transmission out of a truck. Everything but cooler lines have finally been disconnected. Been rebuilding the transmission jack. Will be needing a piece of plate and the metal shop will not be open till Saturday. They have been closed for the last seven days.

Gotta love fall weather, time to start trimming hanging baskets and get ready to bring in all my potted flowers.

60207D23-BEE2-476D-9D72-C261C2BD113E.jpeg

Same here tonight. Steel is getting stupid and aluminum we cannot get into the country. We don't recycle it here it goes to China and gets refined and sent back. Got to thank the environmentalist for that one. China is not shipping it to us.

Don't need none of that white crap.

Got to the metal supplier. Some one must not like them. Web shows them only open on Saturday. Yes open M-F was the answer.

Transmission finally came out of the Ford last night. The home made trans jack would not go low enough by several inches. Moving almost 300 lbs. from the jack to an engine cradle under the truck was so much fun. The cradle is made of 6x6 and 2x6 lumber with no wheels. Still had to wiggle it around suspension pieces and drag it into the shop.
Searched the web today and could not find a jack that does low enough. So off to the drawing board for a new design. All ready have an idea but will have to do some measuring.

Only 50 today, 30's at night. October is here definitely, it is supposed to hit 66 one day this week, but should be 50's most of the week

Back