• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Not sure if it was built by IH or MTD. I would have preferred the 102 but this is what was left. Repair and owners manual are available online.
If it runs it will require a 36" deck to mow grass.

Thanks, that's help out with some questions. I looked at it for a few minutes, the engine spins with the pull cord, feels good and has compression. I jacked up the rear, and th wheels spin opposite of each other. Not sure what that means, tractors are new to me for figuring then out. I'll get it sorted in short order.

Not sure if it was built by IH or MTD. I would have preferred the 102 but this is what was left. Repair and owners manual are available online.
If it runs it will require a 36" deck to mow grass.
It's got IH markings all over it, but that doesn't make it so. Better chance of it being true vs today's manufacturing practices.

@LocuMob Scott are you sure about the PTO? 8hp doesn't seem like a lot of hp for a PTO.

When it cooled down Sat night I weeded around these rose bushes and flowers, we transplanted them when we moved this spring. They are doing good, better than the tulips we transplanted. The tulips should come up next year.

rose bush.jpg

flower.jpg

rose bush2.jpg

tulip bed.jpg

IMG_20200722_112501.jpg

In thinking about it, it's probably the drive for the mower deck, there isn't any other way to engage it. The other lever is for the deck height.

IMG_20200722_112453.jpg

The lever on the left is the PTO, so yeah, the deck drive.

Last edited:
I have mowed a pretty good size lawn with a 30" deck. That 282 should be quite capable. I know that B&S it vertical shaft not sure of the power flow to the deck pto or hydrostat.
There should be a id tag on the right fender just off the drives seat. It should have the serial number and maybe state the mfg.

Got the heater fan working again in the Avenger. After messing with everything electrical I finally removed the fan and an acorn that was wedged in the squirrel cage. We will have working AC tomorrow.

Got the heater fan working again in the Avenger. After messing with everything electrical I finally removed the fan and an acorn that was wedged in the squirrel cage. We will have working AC tomorrow.
I recently found out I'm getting back the Avenger that I was selling to the stepson. He's getting one hell of a cheap rental. I'm making him professionally clean and detail the car before I get it back. I have it to him clean and detailed, with a little but of dog hair. They smoke, have a child, and don't keep it anywhere as clean as I did. I don't have a problem helping him out in a tight spot, but I'm not going to take back a dirty ass car. They've also put on a ton of miles. I can't wait to listen to his wife tell me I'm wrong about how many miles it has on it. We already had a quick go around I stopped before it became stupid. Never argue mileage with someone who has a record of it. Oh well, if that's what I have to worry about, life is good. I just hope I get it back before winter, I like keeping me he truck out of the snow as much as I can, hardly drive it the last two years, only when cars can get stuck. And it was 81 today, windows down on the way to work.

At least it's back down to the 80's here with reasonable humidity. I have so much crap to get done outside maybe I can get some of it done.

We have had some nice weather. Beautiful day today, not too hot, 80's and low humidity. Great night to finish our softball season.

Been raining for the last 4 days off and on. Will be raining again tomorrow. No ball games were being played here today. Sadly no work got done outside either.

The weather has held up well, and the rain keeps getting pushed back a couple of days. I will take as much of this as I can.

Rain finally stopped and the sun is shining. I would like two straight weeks of this. It will take one week just to get rid of the mud.

Rained again today for 15 to 20 minutes with the sun shining. Sure would be nice if someone took this off my hands for a while.

Got back at noon from a bonzai run to Illinois for the 4th Annual FCBO show. Just over 900 miles and back home after enjoying a nice day. Sunny when I left, went through a little rain, love my RainX, and then the overcast skies kept temps down. I wish more people would stop worrying about their cars melting, who gives a rats ass about your car never seeing rain? It got wet at the factory for crying out loud!

IMG_20200801_125755.jpg

This was next to me, I love it. My friend is trying to trade a 69 300 for it.

IMG_20200801_125743.jpg

Back