• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

I did wipe the dust in the interior. I forgot how clean this car was inside, the time living on a gravel road made me forget. The car was something else back in it's days.

View attachment 17661
Road trip complete, nothing better to work out the bugs than drive the crap out of it, now about the rest of the fleet..... Your going to be busy, a house, truck and fleet of cars.

So it take it no gravel at the new house?
Only in the alley, after they finish the roads around the house. But it's only two blocks for now, not two miles.

IMG_20200715_111148.jpg

It was beautiful yesterday, got out and mowed the lawn, still figuring out my pattern, and dealing with my yard being torn up. Took me an hour and a half, need to get a rider soon.

Today is going to be in the mid 90's and feel like 105. I guess I'm getting teased at what Phoenix feels like at night!

It rained most of the day Thursday with some cool down, yesterday was high 80's, today was low 90's and tomorrow is mid to high 90's with heat index over 100, but it may bring more thunderstorms. I do need more rain and got my outdoor work done early today.

I got it wrong, yesterday was another nice day, only in the low 80's. Today, it's a thicker, wetter air out there, and hotter. Glasses fog up halfway when you leave that cold A/C. Glad I turned on the downstairs unit when I left. I'll wait til night to go out and start working in my truck. Yes, I've procrastinated for weeks, at least I drained the coolant. Need to get some cheap kitty litter to soak up th fluid on the floor. :jawdrop: Until then, I'm cleaning out the rest of the crap the previous owners left, a lot of craft stuff a friend said she and her daughter would take. Gotta love when your trash is someone's treasure!

Just got done mowing the lawn. It was hot but had a nice breeze. There is a possibility for rain the next few days and wanted that job done. I may go out later and work on removing some chain link fence. What is still useable will get moved to a different location.

Removed about 75 feet of that fence this evening. Post, rail and hardware will be all that will be saved. The chain link is to far gone to be saved. Been cleaning the dirt and grass out. Rolling it up for salvage. If nothing else it will add some weight to the Dakota when it goes.

I seen a breaking weather report yesterday you were going to have a wind storm last night 65 sporty
I don't know if I got any strong winds over night, I don't see any signs of it. It's already warm out and feels humid, but a nice breeze about 10mph

Our poor 73 has been sitting so long that the engine compartment was very moldy, so Bob pressure washed it today, looks great now
5B3C219A-0FD4-42F8-8EBF-143A1F8FAD92.jpeg

Big thunderstorm rolled through about 9:45 this morning and lasted until about 11:30, sun came out late in the day.

Was cloudy but humid most of the day. Then about 8 pm the wind started coming out of the north. Will see what happens later but am expecting a storm.

Well it has rained the last two days and is supposed to rain the next two. That eliminates any dirt work this week.

I wasted yet another beautiful day, in the 80's and nice. Did get out and drive the Monaco a little. Got around to taking apart the truck, only took me a month to do two hours worth of work. Get some hoses tomorrow and slap it back together, then I can get the rest of my crap and fill my house with all my possessions!

IMG_20200721_221136.jpg

Last edited:
Back