• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Still summer time here in the high 80's.......first rain in a month now - started during the night. I mowed my lawn yesterday, and it was like a dust storm as I moved around the yard. I hope the neighbours didn't have any laundry clothes on their washing line....lol ......their own fault, as they often leave their washing out all night.

Grass is quite brown....with some patches of green around. Citrus trees are full of fruit.....waiting to ripen. Lemons and limes are all around golf ball size now, so another 3 months and I'll be eating them. I had 3 plums of my 6 year old tree this season.....so juicy and sweet....it was well worth nearly $100 on my water bill to keep it alive. :cool: Hopefully the new wood that is growing now will give me a bigger crop next year.
Lemons, limes and grapefruit are all ready to pick here. I have not seen much else in the way of fruit here.

Mild temps today, high 30's - 40 and it's melting my snow. I need more snow if I want to ride my sled again

It got cold and everything froze again, but tomorrow may be mid 30's. Snow tomorrow and Saturday. Cold Sunday with a high of 14

Windy! It's my last day at my current job, and I don't think I'm going to make it the full shift. I've been a bum of sorts, coming in when I feel like, but the guy who's taking over for me knows what he needs to, and I've mostly sat around for two weeks. Going to the ethanol plant in town for a lot more money and overtime potential, and I like overtime. Plans are back on for a big shop to house all my vehicles under one roof, improvements at the house, and it's go time for a couple of cars to get funding for this year and get them on the road. Waking up early is going to suck, but I have more reason to get up in the morning than I have for the past year. Can't complain though, they helped me keep the lights on, and the free food I've received has been a help. (I work at a lab that tests food, and we can take home the samples)

It's 20 outside and blowing like mad, might as well head in for that last day, and see how long I can make it.

Was a very nice day yesterday, again today
AB906C71-5ED8-4BDF-B59D-A3F7AE5E96D8.jpeg

It was mid 30's yesterday and today the temp went down, teen's all day. Teens tomorrow also, Friday melted a lot of snow and now there is a lot of ice

Windy! It's my last day at my current job, and I don't think I'm going to make it the full shift. I've been a bum of sorts, coming in when I feel like, but the guy who's taking over for me knows what he needs to, and I've mostly sat around for two weeks. Going to the ethanol plant in town for a lot more money and overtime potential, and I like overtime. Plans are back on for a big shop to house all my vehicles under one roof, improvements at the house, and it's go time for a couple of cars to get funding for this year and get them on the road. Waking up early is going to suck, but I have more reason to get up in the morning than I have for the past year. Can't complain though, they helped me keep the lights on, and the free food I've received has been a help. (I work at a lab that tests food, and we can take home the samples)

It's 20 outside and blowing like mad, might as well head in for that last day, and see how long I can make it.
Hope the new job goes well. It's nice to be able to do more than survive.

Got up to 46 today, just a tease as it's going to get cold this week. Might get some snow too. Counting down the days.

40 something today, the next 2 days are going to be in the high 30 and maybe 40. Then it's going to go back into the 20's

We are supposed to get maybe into the upper 50's. That's cold for the locals here. Then back into the upper 70's later in the week.

Cold and snow. Not much of the white stuff, and the wind blew it all around. But that cold part, gonna be around for a few days. Ugh.

46 outside and the snow is melting. Headed out to the garage to work on the four speed car, getting it up on jack stands and checking out the brakes.

Truck is running like a champ, damn replacement power steering pump has a bad bearing right out of the box. It's the second one I've installed, any guesses as to how many I'll go through before I get a good one?

Back