• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Didn't get around to looking for the block heater, so I let the truck idle for 8 hours while I slept! Had an interview I didn't want to miss, so a few dollars well spent. Another warm spell of 31 today.
Did you leave it in neutral? I have changed a few Dodge front pump bushings and seals because of lack of lube when left idling in park. They don't circulate fluid in park. A friend had a 02 Ram 1500 and he had it idling all day on a job site during a cold spell. We were changing the pump bushing and seal the next week.

It's been cold this last week 20's during the day and single digits to 0 at night. This morning when my kid left for work he said it was -19. BRRRR

Did you leave it in neutral? I have changed a few Dodge front pump bushings and seals because of lack of lube when left idling in park. They don't circulate fluid in park. A friend had a 02 Ram 1500 and he had it idling all day on a job site during a cold spell. We were changing the pump bushing and seal the next week.
No, I thought about that after the fact. The trans has a cracked case, and I've been putting off the rebuild for too long.

High 20's forecasted for tomorrow, Tuesday mid to high 30's are forecasted maybe even 40 with rain:arghh: , Wednesday and Thursday falling temps and snow:D I half about half of the winter left so plenty of time for rain in the spring

Another nice day of 31. I got the job I interviewed for on Friday, that was fast! I also got a windshield delivered to my current job for the four speed Monaco. Not a bad day.

No block heater in the truck. So I had to wait until after noon to start it today. I have a feeling I'll be needing a ride to work tomorrow, it will be -14 when I need to leave. But a goofy heat wave is coming up for the next week or so.

No block heater in the truck. So I had to wait until after noon to start it today. I have a feeling I'll be needing a ride to work tomorrow, it will be -14 when I need to leave. But a goofy heat wave is coming up for the next week or so.
What happened to the garage?

Snowed most of the day Wednesday and ended up with about 8-10". The wind picked up today, but has now died back down it's going to be close to 0 tonight

We have heavy Ice here hope it melts was locked in yesterday. Try the W150 today I am out of salt. Old pic think of it all ice!
DSC00788.JPG

It still better than outside.
Frostbite in my fingers only gives me five minutes to work before I feel the cold. Takes a few minutes to hours to get rid of the stinging pain I'd I'm out any longer. Insulation is the answer, and a heater.

Clear overnight and this morning the temp was -10, sunny and in the 20's today. My baby boy came over to ride the sled, he had to run to get fuel though

Still summer time here in the high 80's.......first rain in a month now - started during the night. I mowed my lawn yesterday, and it was like a dust storm as I moved around the yard. I hope the neighbours didn't have any laundry clothes on their washing line....lol ......their own fault, as they often leave their washing out all night.

Grass is quite brown....with some patches of green around. Citrus trees are full of fruit.....waiting to ripen. Lemons and limes are all around golf ball size now, so another 3 months and I'll be eating them. I had 3 plums of my 6 year old tree this season.....so juicy and sweet....it was well worth nearly $100 on my water bill to keep it alive. :cool: Hopefully the new wood that is growing now will give me a bigger crop next year.

Two are split but they are so good to eat.....bigger than golf balls. Black Doris variety.

1644102008714.jpeg

20220203_123952.jpg

20220203_124029.jpg

20220203_124708.jpg

The third one is ready to eat now.....I gave it a few days after picking.....picked a bit early so the damn birds didn't get it first.

Back