• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

There was this odd white stuff on the ground and the cars this morning. Must have had something in my eyes, as it was gone the next time I looked out the window. :woot: It's only 42 outside, but it's going to get much warmer tomorrow.

Yep they are predicting 80 degrees for tomorrow. But windy. Need to put a new torque converter clutch solenoid in the Ford tomorrow and then get some stuff moved around the yard. Hopefully Tuesday will be fence moving day.

A little chilly and rainy over the weekend, this coming week looks pretty good,
FD9EC4AA-B37A-47C3-A483-A4F410EB8C83.jpeg

45-50 today and tomorrow is supposed to be 80:screwy: Thunder right now, but no rain yet. The weatherman is fired, he never mentioned rain today

I saw 71 on the way home from work. It was humid before the sun came out, and burned off the moisture. Cooling down to the 50's-60's then next few days. Cars might get a free wash or two.

I think it made it to 80. Felt like it anyways.
Went and checked on the transmission part for the Ford. Was supposed to be there Friday. Strange they are not open Friday.
No one would answer the phone so off to their shop. Guess the phone doesn't get answered if short handed. Anyway part was not there but was getting put on the truck for a one o'clock pickup. So off to Menards to order more material for the house and then to Black Bears for lunch. No they don't have any bear meat products. Disappointment but not the end of the world. Lunch was good.
Got the truck part picked up and home by four. Not sure we're the time goes. Was to windy today anyway. Will do it in the morning.

I am going to have to block some wind. But no mud in the way for today. That is supposed to happen sometime tonight. And the cycle continues. Will be out of it the next two days anyway. Doctor visit tomorrow.

I will not know about the rain factor till in the morning. But am counting on it.
Will be laid up tomorrow anyway but sure not looking for more mud.

The temp reads 67, time to head out to the garage and get some work done. It was a beautiful day today, glad I poked my head out the door a couple of times.

Yes it has been a beautiful day. If I were not still working on this Ford transmission it would be better yet. Down to a leak either the sending unit installed today or the reusable pan gasket has been reused to many times. It will have to wait until tomorrow.

I got two boosters and master cylinders installed tonight, enough figideting around for me for a while. I hate laying on my back and shoulders putting those in. And with a dash and heater in place, yeah, I'm glad I won't be doing that for a while. Oh wait, I have another car to do yet. Hot and windy tomorrow, I hope hell hasn't arrived in May.

It's been windy the past 2 days it finally died down. Supposed to be 70 today, I hope to finish my lawn up. When I started yesterday afternoon it was sunny, but the clouds rolled in and the rain came. The sun came back out a hour later, but I had other things to do late afternoon. Try again today.

Took advantage of the 87, or whatever temp it was, weather and got belts on the Monacos. Some grumpy bolts on the parts car, but the four speed was no problem. Mid 70's right now, going to swap hoses, and order more parts.

Last edited:
Found out the trans pan on the Ford was not leaking. Made a gasket out of a front pump seal for the temperature sending unit and now have the gauge installed and wired.

Not sure I like the gauge location after driving it today but sure looked like an ideal location yesterday setting in the yard in park. Shift lever sits right in front of the gauge in drive. Will see if a minor linkage adjustment will help show at least the top of the gauge.

Still have a leak when doing down the road but it is coming from the top of the transmission. Only two things up there that it could be. Vent and torque converter speed sensor. Not sure either can be reached without take the exhaust and transmission member loose.
Strange that it only leaks under load going down the road. I may have to get a cheap camera that will blue tooth to my phone to find this one. HF has a personal camera with play back for $14 that may work.

Needed some heat shield for the trans temp gauge sender wire to protect it from cat temperature. They sure want a pretty penny for that stuff and then to find it.
Then remembered the O2 sensor that was removed and stored from a car we no longer have. Ended up being just long enough. That was $38 saved so will not be throwing any of that stuff away.

Just to give you an idea how accurate an 06 Ford factory trans temp gauge is it will read normal at 73*F at the location the sending unit I installed in the pan and never moves from there. Drove the truck about four miles down the road and the aftermarket gauge reads just under 200*F. A check with the thermo gun shows 183*F at the sender location so not bad.

Other than that there weather has been great the last two days. A little windy yesterday but I will take a day without rain how ever it comes.

Back