• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

"Sure" pass the buck onto bear ... lol :D Believe it or not the factory never put any sort of gasket or seal on the front and the back of the valley pan . They relied on the valley pan it's self to seal it . But me personally have always run a bead of silicone across the front and back and in the corners . I hate leaks ! And with an aluminum intake I always use the paper gaskets as well .
Will pass that on to Bob, he is mounting and balanceing wheels and tires on the 58 today

Sneak Peek ! Got some fresh sneakers for the back of luci . :D
IMG_4704.JPG
IMG_4705.JPG

Same here . If your installing a factory cast intake then you can get away without the paper gaskets but with an aluminum intake it's pretty much a must .
I've never used anything but the valley pan and tiny bit of black rtv to hold it. Clean surfaces sure help.

"Sure" pass the buck onto bear ... lol :D Believe it or not the factory never put any sort of gasket or seal on the front and the back of the valley pan . They relied on the valley pan it's self to seal it . But me personally have always run a bead of silicone across the front and back and in the corners . I hate leaks ! And with an aluminum intake I always use the paper gaskets as well .

Ok I will.. I meant why a valley pan instead of a full intake to cover the oil area, weight savings?

Bob sanded and painted some stock steel wheels then mounted and balanced them, rides so much better than the old 6ply truck wheel and tires he took off,

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_8436.jpg

IMG_9001.jpg

Funny, I have a set of MT Indy profiles in storage if I need them! Might go radials instead.
The soft compound Mickey T Indy's on the rally rims are the one's I've got up for sale . Believe it or not there almost new . I got them for the Dart , but we don't have it anymore . The big Sportsman's ( 31/16.5x15 ) are the ones for the Warlock . Those should fill up the rear fenders ! ;) lol

Ok I will.. I meant why a valley pan instead of a full intake to cover the oil area, weight savings?
I believe it was for better performance . Cooler charge . Think about the air gap intakes that they have now . Pretty much the same design as a factory big block intake . Air between the intake and the hot engine oil . Just a theory .

Baby moons, love them
Good eye ! I forgot those were in the picture . Those are just some spare's I have kick'in around . I like the old school look myself , That's one of the reason's why I run the wide chrome reverse on the back of the Warlock . I really don't like the smoothie rims they have out now . I like the true chrome reverse with the moon hubcaps .

I like the true chrome reverse with the moon hubcaps .
That what I had on the rear of the Polara before I got the slots. Guess I had them on all four, but they were just barely reversed, not too deep. The set I got for the rear was pretty deep. Looks cool. Wish I would have taken better care of them, I let the chrome go to crap. :arghh:

More covered parking put up yesterday, we woke up to find this trailer in our front yard, then around 8am three guys showed up and in two hours had this car port up

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_8265.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

Back