• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Got my Ranger all put back together, good news is the oil pump isn't kaput, just the gauge in the dash (when all else fails, it's hard to beat an old-fashioned mechanical gauge). So am I gonna tear apart the dash and swap out the gauge? Well I've seen the trouble it takes to get into that, so the answer is no, I just ordered a cheapy aftermarket gauge off amazon and I'll just mount it up top.

With that finished, I could get the ball joints on the durango swapped out, gotta get those done before I can get the alignment done. Les Schwab wanted to sell the ball joints to me, $120 for a high-end pair and $65 labor, but NOPE I can do those myself. $50 for a pre-pressed pair from ACDelco, $10 angle grinder + $1 cutting wheel from harbor freight, altogether less than half the price (coulda saved $11 if Dodge didn't rivet em on from the factory). Got the new ones on yesterday and got the alignment done finally.

All this work can be a real pain in the ass sometimes, but it pays off having a few more bucks in the wallet. I wonder if harbor freight will show me some love with an extra discount, I basically just sold a cheapy grinder that's less than a half case............

Crap or not marketable? I know of a guy that used to restore Yugo's. The question was always why.
Rusted out cars that are on their death bed. Where did that guy find parts for a Yugo?

cartoon-guy-looking-under-a-stone-by-toonaday-11000.jpg

The April fool's joke for me was a dusting of snow. But it's been 50 the last couple of days. The ice flow is still there, I'll chip the cars free of what's left come this weekend. I need to at least fire one up, I'm dying. But it's getting there.

The April fool's joke for me was a dusting of snow. But it's been 50 the last couple of days. The ice flow is still there, I'll chip the cars free of what's left come this weekend. I need to at least fire one up, I'm dying. But it's getting there.
You found a new place to park them next winter so you can work on them?

You found a new place to park them next winter so you can work on them?
No idea yet. I'll see if my storage guy will be getting the gravel that never got delivered first. I'll still need something til I have a building of my own. But right now, it's not ideal.

If no new gravel maybe putting them on blocks for the winter will keep them out of the ice.
I might have to. I'm hoping for a reduced price for a few months in the meantime. My storage guys all good, he let's me slide on paying him, I space out that I owe him, then pay in full after 3 months, so as bummed as I am, I know it will all work out fine. Th other spot he mentioned, then backed out of renting, also flooded bad, but it had a drain when it melted. I'm pretty sure my cars would have been in real water in that spot, so I'm glad I got what I got.

I need to do something different myself before next winter. My poor shop needs a good cleaning and I want to get the cars up to make them easier to work on. A lot of the stuff will go into the house this summer I hope.

The drive was just getting dry spots yesterday and is mud again today. Will be dodging water holes for awhile longer. I need to get that nasty stuff graded off the gravel and put some where it will do so good.

Making up for last year in short order are you? Seems like nothing comes in moderation any more. Our weather is getting dryer and days warmer. Still no crops out here it has just been to wet.

They might get into the field by the end of June here, a layer of crisp, then mud. But we might see 3-7" of snow in the next few days. Tomorrow into the 50's, then it gets colder. Fun.

They might get into the field by the end of June here, a layer of crisp, then mud. But we might see 3-7" of snow in the next few days. Tomorrow into the 50's, then it gets colder. Fun.
Just in time for late August snow falls. I have seen it snow in North Dakota in July. It did not stick but it was still snow.

Back