• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Have to admit other than the computer the Dakota was pretty trouble free. Business wise we just out grew it. Some how I don't think it will be missed when its gone.

Cold, warm, cold, colder, warm, colder, warm drifting down to cold. Been a busy winter for the weather, glad there are only so many months left of it. Minneapolis might break the 57 year old record for snow in February, 26.5". We've had years where we got that total. Wind moved a lot of it before it could stick, so I haven't had to shovel that many times.

Enjoying a nice, sunny 15° day, gonna walk the dog in a few, and get her some much needed exercise. We haven't even been down the river trail this winter! Time to see if it's been plowed.

As for newer vehicles and electronics, I still find Dodge, FIA being the least confusing. YouTube videos I've found have been clear and simple, and we've only had relatively minor issues. Change oil and rotate and replace tires. A bad trunk switch, speed sensor, battery for Laura's Charger, and rear calipers last fall on the Avenger. Front end work to come in the future, but I hope to be driving three other vehicles this summer.

Which I hope comes very soon, I need to work on a car, I'm getting restless.

Well, we broke our February record for total snowfall, at 31.5" and adding. Then I hear Flagstaff AZ got 31.6" in one DAY! Breaking their single day record.

Got my shoveling done, deck and hot tub uncovered and used by Laura and the granddaughters tonight. I have to wait a week and change until my eye heals some more. My surgery went well, I think Laura was more nervous than I was.

Now I'm turning my thoughts towards warmer temps in about thirty-five days, then I can turn some wrenches! I hope.

We are getting snow, blowing snow, and drifting. They've closed the Interstate, the highway and state roads. I shoveled a little to get a tiny jump on the fun I'll have tomorrow cleaning up. We aren't in the worst predicted part, but we shall see. Glad I'm not needing to be anywhere. Haven't gone insane like I thought I would, it must have broken me, I just hope the snow ends soon so a thaw might be over in two months. Or less.

Rained hard here last night, thunder storms in some areas. Today were under a wind advisory, 30-40 mph with gusts up to 60. I am not getting Locu's snow though.

Thanks to sis, it looks like I'm gonna get a good return on my taxes for what my income is.

Weather threw a curveball today, last night it was a total downpour but today it's snowing nonstop and it's sticking. Was gonna go down to the garage and work on the ranger, I need to get on that, but I don't much feel like freezing my ass off fighting that dam thing

We had our first day of sun shine since - well can not remember. The north wind was just darn chilly for 30 degrees. No going out to play today.

First day of having power and internet since sunday.

Sunday night we got dumped on with 6 inches of snow, the drive home from work almost didn't happen with 2 interstate offramps blocked by stuck trucks and the third a skating ring filling up fast with foolish people. Get close to home, main road is blocked off, powerline (and the tree that took it down) are blocking the road. Turns out every other small town in the county got hit hard too, power's out everywhere and utility crews are everywhere else. Finally get home, and of course power's out........with 7" of snow and rising, & temp 32F and dropping. Rebuild fire in the woodstove, dig out the generator, and commence the ritual:
  • Open choke
  • Squirt starting fluid
  • Close choke
  • Couple pulls on the rope and "START YOU MOTHER&^*$^@# PIECE OF $@%#!!!!!"
  • Repeat until it runs
Made it until today, cooking soup over the woodstove and watching the news cover the mania while feeding every last drop of gas to the generator. Durango took all the snowbanks in strides. Made it into town one day to refill gas cans, what few stations selling clear premium are all sold out, not ideal cuz the generator bucks n snorts on regular pump gas. Good thing we don't need a generator or propane heaters or snow shovels, cuz all places sold out first day. Why be prepared beforehand when you can just scramble and hope stores have it while the shit hits the fan!? Neighbor helped out, spared a can of clear to make the generator a little happier. Our other neighbor brought out his tractor and plowed the road, since the county seems to have forgotten us. Generator fought back this morning, going to yard on the rope and it snaps mid-tug, and I go slamming my hand into something painful. Good thing there's plenty of ice around!

Will more gas cans be in order when available for the clear premium? I burn it in all the yard equipment here and am down to about 1 Gal.. The garden tractors have been down since last fall so there was no need to have a large supply on hand over the winter.

Hope things get back to normal for you soon.

Will more gas cans be in order when available for the clear premium? I burn it in all the yard equipment here and am down to about 1 Gal.. The garden tractors have been down since last fall so there was no need to have a large supply on hand over the winter.

Hope things get back to normal for you soon.
Oh things are already getting back in order, otherwise I wouldn't have internet yet. We were totally cut off for a couple days there. I went in today and they finally had clear, when I wasn't needing it as badly anymore, but I still got a can filled. We got TONS of trees and limbs to cut up, so I'll see how far a can of it goes in the chainsaw. At $4 a gallon I may just dilute it with a small bit of regular to stretch it a bit further.

Ya I seen on the news how much snow you got down there and the train stuck with all those folks on board for 2 days, we barely got a dusting and nothing stuck, good luck down there and hope it gets better and be safe!

We got another three inches of fluffy snow, they chiseled out the roads, piles ten feet high cut in half, looks funny. Our yard is piling up fast in the front, the dog is level with the deck almost! I had fun driving to work in the slop, got a little Rally action when the cars back end came around. No big deal, stay in the gas and steer out of it, and keep on trucking! Sad I've been driving like it's a snowmobile, just flicking the throttle til I get enough traction, and hammer it!

We hit 52 degrees yesterday and hopefully today again, feel for everyone that's getting the bad weather!
D0k5aElWoAANXWD.png

Back