• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

I was just waiting for someone to tell me its a Ford its supposed to rattle. But I have driven enough newer ones to know better. Seen the electrical tape fix on you-tube but need a permanent fix instead of temporary.

Flex Seal what? I don't plan on floating it across any lakes and we have no shark infested waters here that I know of. The door still need to open when required.

@7mopar Hope it works out for ya. Personally, out of 6 fords in the family, only one has panned out to be a decent rig (which is why I'm still driving it). Even it has its little gremlins, the most common problems with em always seem to be electrical (with some tranny issues to boot)

Yes have read all about the tranny issues. One son got rid of his on count of tranny issues. Other son got rid of his on count off diesel engine issues.

Finding the proper trans fluid was a joke. Six parts stores to find it. No wonder they have tranny problems. Electric shift solenoids require the proper fluids. More than a few parts people were surprise when they started really reading the label on the bottles and what required what. Their computers were not correct. Makes one wonders just how many are out their with the wrong fluid. I am guessing more than one transmission maybe messed up on count of wrong fluid type.

At least the engine in this one is almost new less than 30000 on it. Should be good for a long time hopefully.

A construction company purchased this one new. Not many bells and whistles. So just a basic truck, no carpeting, bench seat cloth and vinyl. So most of the complained about electrical gremlins are not there. It does have the goodies like trans cooler, temp gauge and external filter, factor trailer hitch and tow package.

Just to get rid of the typical door noise will be a relief to the ears and mind.

I believe the rear door has a upper and lower latch, check and see if the catches for the latches have any adjustment.

You said 5.4, is it a 3v? If it is oil changes are critical to keep the variable valve timing and the timing chains happy for many years to come.

Just gotta love my weather, 51 on Friday, 30's Saturday and snowed over night, 30's Sunday and rained all day today with a high of 37. The running joke in Michigan is if you don't like the weather wait a few minutes it will change.

Yes have read all about the tranny issues. One son got rid of his on count of tranny issues. Other son got rid of his on count off diesel engine issues.

Finding the proper trans fluid was a joke. Six parts stores to find it. No wonder they have tranny problems. Electric shift solenoids require the proper fluids. More than a few parts people were surprise when they started really reading the label on the bottles and what required what. Their computers were not correct. Makes one wonders just how many are out their with the wrong fluid. I am guessing more than one transmission maybe messed up on count of wrong fluid type.

At least the engine in this one is almost new less than 30000 on it. Should be good for a long time hopefully.

A construction company purchased this one new. Not many bells and whistles. So just a basic truck, no carpeting, bench seat cloth and vinyl. So most of the complained about electrical gremlins are not there. It does have the goodies like trans cooler, temp gauge and external filter, factor trailer hitch and tow package.

Just to get rid of the typical door noise will be a relief to the ears and mind.
To be fair, a lot of the Dodge tranny issues were also related to improper tranny fluid, although they use strictly ATF+ which has stricter tolerances so the blend won't vary by brand (unlike mercon/dexron). A bunch of oil brands tried to market some of their mercon/dexron blends as "ATF+ compatible" even though they weren't, so a lot of people got suckered into destroying their tranny's so a few oil blends could sell more. Then you just had your "good 'ol boy" mechanics who put dexron in em thinking "oh it works for my ford, it'll work for this", because they wanna save a buck since ATF+ costs a bit more. Dodge got a bad rap on that one, so now people think all their transmissions are junk. Just buy the right fluid for your rig, one less problem down the road.

If the cost of fewer parts failing is a door rattle then I'd say that's a fair trade-off. Door rattle can be fixed with some weatherstripping or stick-on foam pads in the door jamb

Got use to buying special transmission fluid with the first Neon. ATF +4 was a dealer item only then. Expensive yes. So I am use to it. Just had no idea this stuff was going to be so hard to find. The local Ford dealership is getting some in. Surprised they did not have it in stock. Their parts department was surprised they had never stocked it. But yes people really need to read those labels.

Just gotta love my weather, 51 on Friday, 30's Saturday and snowed over night, 30's Sunday and rained all day today with a high of 37. The running joke in Michigan is if you don't like the weather wait a few minutes it will change.
We have similar weather results here also Sunday was nice and got to 50. Last Thursday - Saturday was freezer weather. Today 40's and rain. Tomorrows high 20.
My guess would be, I am going back to freezer weather till the week end and you are getting more snow.
Its so darn muddy here the new Ford got stuck on the gravel drive today. Its just that much wider than the normal path.

Just a dusting! Guess we took the blunt of it with a couple inches of un-needed rain. The mud is getting bad and the freeze thaw takes the bottom out of everything. Just makes the ground softer.

What's this 0 I saw on the cars temp gauge? And wind, with that snow dust, yeah that's the good stuff?

image.jpg
28 degrees outside, warm in shop, gotta love woodstove heat

My shop wood stove has been buried for a few years. I built the 24x24 and installed the stove with hopes of being able to work on one vehicle and use the stove. With two cars and loads of construction materials the stove just doesn't have enough free space.
I need a go fund me for a 40x60 building. Just kidding.

My shop wood stove has been buried for a few years. I built the 24x24 and installed the stove with hopes of being able to work on one vehicle and use the stove. With two cars and loads of construction materials the stove just doesn't have enough free space.
I need a go fund me for a 40x60 building. Just kidding.
Time for a carport? Or a lean-to?

Got another 24x24 section of house yet to close in and then can start on another section of garage space of undetermined size.

Back