• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Me and Chris, a childhood friend of Bobs this past winter in Chelatchie Prairie Wa.

IMG_1204.jpg

Crazy weather you folks are getting, I don't think we got one snow flake this past winter, hope it warms up soon there.
It was weird driving back from Oregon to Minnesota a week before Christmas, rain in Oregon (given) dry as a bone with no snow but plenty of wind in the brief bit of Washington, some snow in Idaho, then back to winter proper in Montana (as soon as I got out of the mountains I was doing 85 seeing about 10 feet off the hood of the car I was driving back. But I knew the roads were mostly straight, no surprise turns) I thought Washington would be covered in snow, nope.

It was weird driving back from Oregon to Minnesota a week before Christmas, rain in Oregon (given) dry as a bone with no snow but plenty of wind in the brief bit of Washington, some snow in Idaho, then back to winter proper in Montana (as soon as I got out of the mountains I was doing 85 seeing about 10 feet off the hood of the car I was driving back. But I knew the roads were mostly straight, no surprise turns) I thought Washington would be covered in snow, nope.
Sounds like a good trip you had, what part of Oregon did you go to?

Down to Medford or Ashland. I was 9-10 miles from California. Should've driven to the first exit just to say I was there! I can't believe the different environments that state has.

Down to Medford or Ashland. I was 9-10 miles from California. Should've driven to the first exit just to say I was there! I can't believe the different environments that state has.
Very cool, Yes Oregon is has very different landscaping, from desert to snow covered mts and if you drove thru Portland we live right across the Columbia River in Vancouver Wa.

Very cool, Yes Oregon is has very different landscaping, from desert to snow covered mts and if you drove thru Portland we live right across the Columbia River in Vancouver Wa.
I saw your house! That's a big river, driving alongside it for miles and miles. I left Ashland before dawn, stopped at 4-5 Harley Davidson dealers and made it to Missoula around 10pm I think. Still remember most of it. Dawn, sun, rain, sun, downpour in Portland ( I was helped by a girl who looked like Pebbles at an H-D dealer, I wanted to ask her to accompany me home!) enough to make me drive slow, which doesn't happen often, and then grey skies til crossing over to Washington. That bridge feels like you are miles above the ground. All I saw was clouds every direction I looked. I'd love to get back out there sometime.

I saw your house! That's a big river, driving alongside it for miles and miles. I left Ashland before dawn, stopped at 4-5 Harley Davidson dealers and made it to Missoula around 10pm I think. Still remember most of it. Dawn, sun, rain, sun, downpour in Portland ( I was helped by a girl who looked like Pebbles at an H-D dealer, I wanted to ask her to accompany me home!) enough to make me drive slow, which doesn't happen often, and then grey skies til crossing over to Washington. That bridge feels like you are miles above the ground. All I saw was clouds every direction I looked. I'd love to get back out there sometime.
Road trips are cool, we have driven to Mt Victory Ky 3 times and then up to Chicago, twice interstate 80 the interstate 70, next Bob wants to do interstate 90 this fall

Road trips are cool, we have driven to Mt Victory Ky 3 times and then up to Chicago, twice interstate 80 the interstate 70, next Bob wants to do interstate 90 this fall
Road trips are what cars/trucks/motorcycles are all about. Although Anne and I prefer back roads and do our damndest to avoid interstate highways and usually try to avoid the same route twice. Getting hard to find new routes to our more common destinations, though.

If you come as far east as Minnesota, dead center of the state, on 90, I live just a few miles from the exit ramps. Stop by and say hello!

... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM EDT this
evening...

* hazard type... snow.

* Locations... the middle Susquehanna valley.

* Snow accumulations... 2 to 3 inches... with locally up to 4 inches
across the higher terrain.

* Timing... snow will arrive between 5 and 8 am. The snow could
fall heavily at times during late morning and early
afternoon... then should taper off by early this evening.

* Impacts... slushy roads and reduced visibility could make for
difficult travel during the morning hours. By afternoon... most
roads should be wet... despite continued snowfall.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation reminds motorists
to adjust speeds based on the conditions... and to take it slow in
snow and ice.

Great just when I had a slow hops day to work on stuff.
Well if your like me your saying " It's BLEEPING APRIL" ! :mad::)

Good morning Bear, he loves to work, I copied this of his facebook, our son wishing him happy birthday
(Happy Birthday, to the man I strive to be like in every aspect of life. He's 32 years older and can still run circles around me!)
Sounds like a good guy "and" a good sun . ;)

Let it snow, it'll melt within seconds.:finger:
I'm taking the blade off my Ramcharger for the last time this season tomorrow . That's my way of telling Mother Nature "Enough" , bring on the spring ! :D

So hard to realize so much of the country is still having winter weather. Bear people don't know the half of what work Bob does, besides all the truck and car projects, he already has our firewood for next year cut and stack, and trust me when a family member has a leaky roof or to lazy to mow their lawn he always finds the time to fix or do the work for them. He and I spend a lot of time in the shop to get away from all the bad news and political stuff going on. I met him 36 years ago when I had this old 69 chevelle and went into the parts store every day to buy 1 qt trans fluid and he asked what was going on, the next day he put a new fill tube o ring on my car and that was it, I asked him out a week later and history was made.
It's good to hear of another couple being together for so long . I've been with my wife since 1981 . She had me at "hello" . :)

Never fails, the trans Bob was looking for was the most tucked away one, I watch him move motors and other trans to get to the 700r

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_6378.jpg

Back