• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

STOP! It's in the 40's and raining. And I'm going to put sand in a sandbox for the granddaughters.
Yes "please" stop Cindy . :( It's supposed to be a high of 40 today and it's in the low 30's right now and I'm supposed to go out and wrap some tires up for shipping .

Out with old 55 rearend 3.90 ratio and in with a 87 chev truck 2.73 ratio, all new bearings, seals, wheel studs, and of coarse I supervised the whole job. Today replace old truck 4spd with car 4spd.

IMG_2646.jpg

IMG_9545.jpg

IMG_7183.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

Yeah , Remember when all cars where that easy to work on . I had a guy pull in my driveway one day with an ole Plymouth . He said he had just had to get a jump start up the street at the donut shop and the guy that jumped him said to bring it up the street to the guy with all the old Dodge's in the yard on the left ( Me ) and he'd be able to tell him what's wrong with his car . So I gave it a quick check and figured out it was the alternator . I had one in stock along with an old style regulator ( both new in the box's ) . It took me about ten minute's to find out what was wrong and get it fixed . When I said " That's it your done, It's fixed " , He stood there with a shocked look on his face and asked me if I would be his regular mechanic from now on . I just laughed and said "sure" . And he said , "But you don't understand , If this had been the garage I normally send this to , It would have been there all day , maybe more and the price would have been at least four times what you just charged me " . I just laughed and told him to bring it by anytime .
The world needs more people like you!

Out with old 55 rearend 3.90 ratio and in with a 87 chev truck 2.73 ratio, all new bearings, seals, wheel studs, and of coarse I supervised the whole job. Today replace old truck 4spd with car 4spd.
Busy , busy , busy . :D Those gears should make a big difference on the highway ! :cool:

So, my girlfriend and mother nature have conspireda gainst me, yet again. Fell asleep on the recliner around 5am, went to bed. The girlfriend woke me up at 9 to have me redraw plans for a deck. (we are putting in a hot tub with a deck surround) City hall axed our first plans, so.we had to draw up something else. So I got up at 9. Only to hear that it was snowing out! Nothing major, but it pissed me off. Then I had to get more sand for our granddaughters other sand box. But before I could do that, I had to get new tabs on my truck. And now I have to show proof of insurance when doing so. Didn't have current card with me. Went home, couldn't find cars or latest policy. Called my agent. No answer, out to lunch, love small towns. Figured it out, got more sand, drove ten miles to other town where they live, filled up the box, headed home and who's sleeping? The gf, no Polara starting up now. Probably just as well, it'll be cold the next few days, but around 60 on Sunday, which I work. I'll do the oil change and check the other fluids, but I think next year I'm just going to get up one day and get the car out. Every year I've been in my town, when I want to get my car out my gf springs some other task on me that day, that has to get done or the world will explode. No more planning or even thinking about it ahead of time. Maybe my plan will work within the next decade. I'm sur the deck will be stacked against me for quite a while.

Last edited:
So, my girlfriend and mother nature have conspireda gainst me, yet again. Fell asleep on the recliner around 5am, went to bed. The girlfriend woke me up at 9 to have me redraw plans for a deck. (we are putting in a hot tub with a deck surround) City hall axed our first plans, so.we had to draw up something else. So I got up at 9. Only to hear that it was snowing out! Nothing major, but it pissed me off. Then I had to get more sand for our granddaughters other sand box. But before I could do that, I had to get new tabs on my truck. And now I have to show proof of insurance when doing so. Didn't have current card with me. Went home, couldn't find cars or latest policy. Called my agent. No answer, out to lunch, love small towns. Figured it out, got more sand, drove ten miles to other town where they live, filled up the box, headed home and who's sleeping? The gf, no Polara starting up now. Probably just as well, it'll be cold the next few days, but around 60 on Sunday, which I work. I'll do the oil change and check the other fluids, but I think next year I'm just going to get up one day and get the car out. Every year I've been in my town, when I want to get my car out my gf springs some other task on me that day, that has to get done or the world will explode. No more planning or even thinking about it ahead of time. Maybe my plan will work within the next decade. I'm sur the deck will be stacked against me for quite a while.
Yah see ? That's why it doesn't pay to make a plan . Of course , I should listen to myself , because I do it all the time myself and it never go's as I had planned originally . My plan was to have the Warlock out by the first week of April with aaaaall this work done to it . Needless to say , It's "still" sitting in the garage , It's friggen cold out , and where supposed to get snow showers tomorrow night .

Removed old truck rear end and truck 4spd and replace it with 87 chev truck rear end and a Saginaw 4 spd bob has used in many rigs he has owned, test drive today

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_8700.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_7166.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

Removed old truck rear end and truck 4spd and replace it with 87 chev truck rear end and a Saginaw 4 spd bob has used in many rigs he has owned, test drive today
Boy ! Your keeping Bob busy , aren't you ! :D

Tomorrow we go to parts store and get filter and seals so maybe sunday, as long as you give him beer he is good

Maaan , Do you ever give Bob a brake Cindy ? lol

... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM EDT this
evening...

* hazard type... snow.

* Locations... the middle Susquehanna valley.

* Snow accumulations... 2 to 3 inches... with locally up to 4 inches
across the higher terrain.

* Timing... snow will arrive between 5 and 8 am. The snow could
fall heavily at times during late morning and early
afternoon... then should taper off by early this evening.

* Impacts... slushy roads and reduced visibility could make for
difficult travel during the morning hours. By afternoon... most
roads should be wet... despite continued snowfall.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation reminds motorists
to adjust speeds based on the conditions... and to take it slow in
snow and ice.

Great just when I had a slow hops day to work on stuff.

So hard to realize so much of the country is still having winter weather. Bear people don't know the half of what work Bob does, besides all the truck and car projects, he already has our firewood for next year cut and stack, and trust me when a family member has a leaky roof or to lazy to mow their lawn he always finds the time to fix or do the work for them. He and I spend a lot of time in the shop to get away from all the bad news and political stuff going on. I met him 36 years ago when I had this old 69 chevelle and went into the parts store every day to buy 1 qt trans fluid and he asked what was going on, the next day he put a new fill tube o ring on my car and that was it, I asked him out a week later and history was made.

IMG_4627.jpg

untitled123.png

IMG_6442.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

Last edited:
Maaan , Do you ever give Bob a brake Cindy ? lol
Good morning Bear, he loves to work, I copied this of his facebook, our son wishing him happy birthday
(Happy Birthday, to the man I strive to be like in every aspect of life. He's 32 years older and can still run circles around me!)

Yes "please" stop Cindy . :( It's supposed to be a high of 40 today and it's in the low 30's right now and I'm supposed to go out and wrap some tires up for shipping .
They say a picture is worth a thousand words . This is earlier today ... Welcome to spring time in New England . View attachment 6596 View attachment 6597
Crazy weather you folks are getting, I don't think we got one snow flake this past winter, hope it warms up soon there.

Back