• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Introducing FTO's Newest Member: badvert65

badvert65

Reaction score
IMG_0979.JPG

Long time Mopar fan, have only owned Mopars my whole life.
I drag raced a 65 Plymouth Sport Fury for years, modified 440/auto. Retired that and it's getting a Blown stroker for street duty. Replaced the Fury with a 65 Belvedere I post car. I will be drag racing it with a highly modified slant six. The Belvedere is built to look like the 65 Super Stocks. I have an 07 Magnum R/T as a daily driver, awesome car. I have owned many others over the years. I do IT work for a living. I earn enough to keep the wife happy and support my love of all things Mopar.
Currently, I have 1987 W100 with the 'mean teen' 318 engine. This will be my fifth Dodge truck and the second 4x4, nearly identical to the first, but with far fewer miles on it and no rust. I also have an 89 2 wheel drive Dodge farm truck. I will be towing a race car and trailer with the 4x4, so I am building a 408 stroker motor for pulling power. The truck has 3.23 gears, but with 33 inch 12.50-15 tires, it could also use some better gearing. Very mild lift, just enough for tire clearance. I installed bucket seats and console from an 89 Ramcharger parts truck. I may add the power windows from the Ramcharger as well. The main goal is to keep the truck fun to drive.

IMG_0026.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome from the Mitten, I recognize your screen name from FCBO.

Yeah, I am on practically all the BO sites. What with the C body Fury, the B body Belvedere, F body Volare wagon, E body 72 Cuda. I lose count after a while. The Sport Fury preceded everything.

Welcome aboard (here) from NJ. I thought I recognized you from B Bodies! Love your truck, it reminds me of my old Ramcharger and Trail Duster. I am a sucker for those aluminum slots, my favorite wheels. I had the same setup on my 82 Ramcharger which I think is here in my garage. I put 3/4 ton suspension on it and the same 33 X 12.50s as well. :)

I tell you, those 33 x 12.50s made a big difference. I love those tires, great size, but not too big. I had a set of older slots on it that were zero offset and actually fit the truck better. Problem was, one rim was bad and couldn't be balanced. Shook something fierce from 55 -75. Only replacement slots I could find were offset about an inch or so. Had to put a small suspension lift to clear the front tires. It was either that, or just drive in a straight line.

Thank God you can finally get slotted wheels again (new). Made by US MAG and AMERICAN RACING (old Ansen Sprint type) in quite a few sizes including 17". I wish I had more money as I'd have 17" x 9" ones on my current 2000 Dodge Ram. I posted a question on another website asking if anyone was using aluminum slots on their 2nd gen Dodge Rams and got a big (no one)! I can't for the life of me understand what the fascination is with these new (black) wheels. Reminds me of an old (Earl Shibe) paint job which was cheap but they'd paint the windshield and tires as well, lol.

I always wanted a set of slot wheels on my Dodge trucks. And yes, my wheels are US Mag. I only wish they offered more Offset sizes. I too, don't understand the current black wheel interest. Never been a fan. I do love black and chrome.

It's weird, nearly everyone who comments on my ruck likes the "patina". I would rather touch up the paint and body. The body is really solid, with only a few 'character' dents. I would just like to check the rust, so it doesn't get out of hand.

Hey there from another C body member! Thought I said hello, but I didn't! Love the slots on the truck, my favorite rim of all time. I have a set to go on my '72, nice eight luggers I got for cheap, still not sure if they are magnesium or not, but they are light.

I had an '84 with a 400 stuffed in it, I still miss that old beast of a truck, yours reminds me of it. Welcome to this corner of the web!

Last edited:
Thanks, I am contemplating a stroker 400 for mine. I have all the stuff to put a big block in it, although I would need to build a 4x4 trans. I used to have a 72 D100 with a 440 auto. That truck was stupid fast, and a lot of fun. I am also intrigued with the 408 small block strokers. Apparently they have a LOT of torque. I will need torque for pulling a car on a trailer.

Back