• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

I got a new tool

What brand of tools are you using from 72? I still have some from back when but not that many Craftsman anymore but it's mostly a mix of the high end tools along with the low end....ie Craftsman. China Freight (Harbor Freight) isn't one of them. I throw that crap away for scrap. HF tools is some of the worst tools I've ever used!
My first full sets of wrenches, ratchets and sockets were Industro Tool. Made in the USA. I still use them.

My first full sets of wrenches, ratchets and sockets were Industro Tool. Made in the USA. I still use them.
Industro Select? Had some of them but my girl friend's dad gave me a set of Craftsman combo wrenches and since they were new, I used them mostly. Still have a mix of Proto etc but those mainly came from Estate and Garbage sales or from where I worked. Stumbled on a carry around tool box out in the middle of the street and it had some Proto and others. Didn't get much from where I worked because didn't want to get fired either lol. The X gave me a set of Gearwrench combo wrenches some years back that seem to be pretty decent and then got a set of used Craftsman Professional that seem to be pretty decent too.

I've noticed over the years that the Craftsman tools are a bit on the 'soft' side so imo, they are not the ones for the every day mechanics ect but are ok for the ones that are not spinning wrenches everyday. I didn't particularly like the Proto we had at work because they were a bit thin and hurt my hands unless I had gloves on. We also had Williams Superwrench out there and I liked those better than the Proto....

Wrench extender, What were they thinking. Double jacking a wrench with another will get you in trouble. The open end will break off and us tool guys now it isn't a defect of material or workmanship. LMAO

Industro Select? Had some of them but my girl friend's dad gave me a set of Craftsman combo wrenches and since they were new, I used them mostly. Still have a mix of Proto etc but those mainly came from Estate and Garbage sales or from where I worked. Stumbled on a carry around tool box out in the middle of the street and it had some Proto and others. Didn't get much from where I worked because didn't want to get fired either lol. The X gave me a set of Gearwrench combo wrenches some years back that seem to be pretty decent and then got a set of used Craftsman Professional that seem to be pretty decent too.

I've noticed over the years that the Craftsman tools are a bit on the 'soft' side so imo, they are not the ones for the every day mechanics ect but are ok for the ones that are not spinning wrenches everyday. I didn't particularly like the Proto we had at work because they were a bit thin and hurt my hands unless I had gloves on. We also had Williams Superwrench out there and I liked those better than the Proto....
Industro. Boy they were crudely made wrenches. We sold them at the parts store. (yellow boards behind the counter.

img143.jpg

I still have a load of Craftsmen wrenches and sockets that I bought from Sears in 1988.

My main hand tool set is Craftsman. My girlfriend bought me a good size mechanics tool set including the steel Craftsman tool box to hold them for my Christmas present back in 1973. Guess that's why I decided to marry her the following year!

Of course I've added many tools to the set since then, but most are 40+ year old Craftsman's, before the cheap stuff started showing up on the shelves.

Back