• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

I got a new tool

65 sporty

Reaction score
I just got one of these today, after I used one I had to get one for certain times when you need just a little more on the wrench. Matco calls it their wrench extender, I call it their wrench bender.

upload_2017-3-9_19-59-41.png

Works really good, Here's the link.
WRENCH EXTENDER WE745 | Matco Tools
I got mine off the tool truck

I have always coupled 2 wrenches together. Lots cheaper than $78.
It is always better to use the right tool if possible.

I can't afford a tool that costs $78 when I can reach over and 2 wrench it. I know it isn't right, but I'm not a professional and that money can go somewhere better. If it was $10-15 I'd have one.

I can't afford a tool that costs $78 when I can reach over and 2 wrench it. I know it isn't right, but I'm not a professional and that money can go somewhere better. If it was $10-15 I'd have one.
If I didn't think I would use it a lot I would have never spent the cash on it but I use it at least 2-3 times a week.

Look's nice if you make your living with your tools.......
My toolbox has tools in it that I've used only a few times but I've been damn glad I had paid up for them.
I think this would be useful.

Somebody invented another way of making it easier to round off the head of a bolt or snap it off. Cool.

We called it double wrenching at the refinery. They outlawed doing that when someone finally slipped and hurt themselves enough to require sutures. I had never even thought of it until after hiring on in 1980. The last several years out there things got really strict and it wasn't any fun anymore......retired in 06 and glad to be gone!

We called it double wrenching at the refinery. They outlawed doing that when someone finally slipped and hurt themselves enough to require sutures. I had never even thought of it until after hiring on in 1980. The last several years out there things got really strict and it wasn't any fun anymore......retired in 06 and glad to be gone!
Or double jacking if you are in the tool business. Some dealers don't guarantee wrenches when you do that. I was lucky that MAC knew it was happening but took care of the problem anyway. I would always point it out to the customer though. LOL

Most of my wrenches were Snap On with a few Mac sets but I would keep Craftsmen sets around so when needed we could heat them up with a torch and bend as needed. We would then return the wrench to Sears for a new one.:happy:

Most of my wrenches were Snap On with a few Mac sets but I would keep Craftsmen sets around so when needed we could heat them up with a torch and bend as needed. We would then return the wrench to Sears for a new one.:happy:
No wonder Sears went out of business! lol :D

Who would be crazy enough to send a special bent wrench in for exchange. What you going to do next time its needed? Bend another one. I have also been guilty of grinding a few done to fit into narrow spaces. They are also still in the box for next time.

Have one special bent wrench from 40 years ago.....used it maybe 3 times but it's still in the special bent drawer lol

Back