• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

How many miles are on your Dakota?

1996 dak, ext cab, supercharged 5.2, just over 91,000 on the clock

1997 ext cab 4X2 v6 auto with 251k. Original engine had 248k when replaced due to low oil pressure. Now has a 94 3.9 with 86k on it. Still has original trans and u-joints.

My 02 Dakota has about 75,000 on it. Been a great truck, just as my first Dak, a 93 was.

Mine 92 club cab 2wd, 5.2 auto has 433,726. It was a lemon buy back I bought when it was 9 months old and had 9,000 miles on it. Some lemon huh?

It's a lot.
I wish I'll put this on my two Dakotas.
My 2000 clu cab 2wd, 5.2 auto has 49,710.
The 1998 regular cab 2wd, 2.5 manual has 121,788.

430,000 plus now on my Dakota which is 99, 3.9, has only needed 1 water pump, 1 trans thanks to one of my drivers being a dick in the mud and overheating the trans otherwise she's be on the original. Still has as much power as she did in 2000 all those miles on 18 to 20k syn oil changes intervals
1 fuel pump, 1 o2 sensor, 1 set of shocks, 1 steering rack, aftermarket exh, new bushings on front suspension, 1 steering shaft, many brake pads and tires, might be the hard driving but can't seem to get more than 18k on tires.

Last edited:
Wow some of you guys are really up there! I have owned my 02 Dakota for almost a year and a half and I got it right around 65-70k if I remember right. Now i'm inching up on 92k. I've been enjoying it! I'm hoping to get at least 150 out of it before I get anything new. I know the body is going to last, and I'm hoping the engine and transmission do as well.

My 1992 LE had right at 300,000 when this happened.
IMG_3573.jpgIMG_3575.jpg

IMG_3573.jpg

IMG_3575.jpg

I was riding down the interstate just as it was getting dark and there was a large metal object in the roadway. I pulled into the grass median and was going to jump out and pull it out of the street before someone hit it. right after I came to a stop I looked in the rearview mirror and saw a car headed straight towards the back of my truck. I turned to my son and said hold on we are about to get plowed.It was a Toyota pick up and the guy driving it was drunk. He saw my tail lights and assumed I was driving down the road in front of him. He was going between 65 and 70 mph when he hit us.My seats broke backwards and fortunatly my son was short enough that his head was on the headrest.My head went back and hit the back of the cab and then one of the headrests that came out of the seat hit me in the forehead giving me a gash all the way to my skull.He hit us so hard that my factory radio came out of the dash and went into the back seat. I think the only thing that saved us was that my reciever hitch hit my spare tire and the spare pushed into the rear end housing which cushioned the blow just enough to keep the cab from folding up.The rear end got bumped hard enough to push the fan into the radiator.Here is a picture of my head the next week. I had a headache for 6 months or more and a back ache for over a year. My son still has occasional back pains from that crash. You know the funniest thing about that night(and theres always something funny no matter how bad things are)right after he hit us and I got my truck stopped again,I told my son to get out of the truck and as far off the road as he could get. Of course when he went to jump out the doors were both jammed where the cab bent into them. He looked right at me and asks if its OK to kick the door open! I told him that at this point I didnt think his footprints on the door would cause any more damage than we already had. Two other cars came down through there and ended up hitting us before it all ended.
P1010194.jpg

P1010194.jpg

Last edited:
Holy sh!t, im glad you're somewhat back to normal, and i hope there was enough ins money to make you and your son comfortable with the pain in your lives. Drinking and driving is becoming like a thing it seems where people want to see if they can do it almost, i can't tell you how many drunks i have seen driving.

Man oh man I would have to wring that fffer's neck. :rip: And did you know you have a hairy chest?

We did get a modest settlement out of the insurance co but it pretty much just covered the medical bills. I was so happy when after 6 monthes the chiropractor finally got my head to stop aching that I didnt really care about the money anymore. And yes I did know I have a hairy chest and everything else, every time I go outside with no shirt on they have sasquatch sightings all over my neighborhood.

We did get a modest settlement out of the insurance co but it pretty much just covered the medical bills. I was so happy when after 6 monthes the chiropractor finally got my head to stop aching that I didnt really care about the money anymore. And yes I did know I have a hairy chest and everything else, every time I go outside with no shirt on they have sasquatch sightings all over my neighborhood.
Is it too late to lawyer up? They should have paid your medical bills, paid you for your time off from work and pain and suffering. They should have also compensated you for your property loss ie the truck.

You shoulda opened that ins companies ass up and the members of the board too. . . . don't accept modest for someone being a dick, modest for a honest mistake but not for almost killing you because they wanted to be a selfish prick and get drunk . . sorry people drinking and driving took friends from me and i have a strong distaste for them

Back