• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

How many miles are on your Dakota?

Guitar Jones

Reaction score
Mine 92 club cab 2wd, 5.2 auto has 433,726. It was a lemon buy back I bought when it was 9 months old and had 9,000 miles on it. Some lemon huh?

We have a 93 Dakota 4x4 reg cab short bed we bought new. No where that many miles on our - just around 182,000

That's still pretty good. This truck has been a work truck all its life, either towing a race car or as my wife's construction truck, it's been used hard and it's still kickin'. Looks like total crap as my youngest son wrecked it twice but it's still going. lol

When we bought the Dakota in 93, it immediately became the wife's DD. One year at the Nationals she saw a Cuda-style dual scoop hood and said she'
d sure like to have one for her Dakota. Needless to say the Dak now sports the hood (still unpainted). She still drives the Dak but her DD is of course the new Ram.

So when is 500,000

lol I don't know. It's been stuck in the 420's 430's for quite a few years now. I've been driving it several times a week here for the past year but that's about to stop in June so I don't know. It's been regulated to backup status these days and spends much of it's time in the backyard.

No sir, she has been mine from day 1.

Actually I was asking Guitar Jones if he had done any major repairs to his high mileage rig.

I bet the warranty is up on you RT! LOL Kind of like my 2001 Ram 2500 with 47,000 mi., I didn't get much use out of the Cummins 100,000 mile warranty.

Yeah, the worst part is I bought the extended warranty too.

433,726 now that's getting up there! I just figured out how many years it would take my wife to put that many on a vehicle. At 3000 miles a year it would take her 144.57 years. Some how I don't think she will do it!

Any major repairs or engine o/haul?

The trans has been done a couple times but one time was just a fluke, the little e clip on the govenor rod broke and that caused some damage. Other than that the engine has never been apart except to reseal the intake plenum.

It's had a couple fuel pumps, an alternator and an a/c compressor. A few water pumps and hoses and such, the rear hasn't been touched.

Any way it was retired again yesterday. I may bring it back one day as a twin turbo sleeper but funds for that project just aren't available right now.

Our 2000 R/T only has 78,000 on it. The 1999 SLT, just a little more 89,000

I just recently got a 1993 Dak 5.2, has 122,000 on it. Runs beautiful, sounds mean. Like it. Did a compression test on it, 150 PSI in all 8 cylinders.

1988 dakota, 92,000 original km's (or 57,000 miles) saved it from a salvage yard, original owner said the motor was gone and was knocking but it was really a manifold leak! its a work in progress. Box was bad when I got it and the door was pushed in from the salvage yard pushing it around with the loader

Back