• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

HELP! No Brake Lights

White wire in the turn signal harnes is stop lights. If a hot jumper wire is connected directly to it do the brake lights come on? The turn signal harnes will have to be plugged in. If the brake light come on the turn signal switch is ok.

Yes, when I jump the white wire the brake lights come on and stay on even with the switch pressed in. everything was pluged in when I tried that.

Its not the turn signal switch. Put the same jumper on the brake light switch battery side. Will need two jumpers as the brake light harness will need to be disconnected from the switch. The jumpers put the switch back in the circuit with a known good power source.

I have had brake light switches work intermittently so try it a few times.

White and Gray are the 2 colors going to the Brake light switch.
Are you saying put power to both the white and gray?

I have an NOS turn signal switch for Tilt and cruise for the 85-87 Ram trucks. It is part # 4216848 if anyone needs it. You can email me at kiwie49@gmail.com.

turn.jpg

turn1.jpg

turn2.jpg

White wire goes to the turn signal swith. Jumper wire from one side of brake switch to the white wire. Power wil go to the other post on the brake switch. If all goes well there will be brake lights with pedal pressed.

Back