• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Harmonic Balancer

charm

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused by what I'm seeing. When I look up balancers for my truck, they don't look anything like this. The rubber is broken, coming out, and I'm certain it's slipped so it needs to be replaced. I just want to make sure I get something correct.

The block is stamped as a 1975, so likely original to my 75 d300. The heads are NOT magnum heads so I don't think that's been swapped out. I'm worried that this is for an externally balanced crank. I'd prefer to not pull the engine, although if I must then I must.

Thoughts on this balancer?

harm bal.jpg

castcrank balancer , 400 or 440 , it can be rebuilt .

It’s a 360. At least according to the block. If it’s less expensive to rebuild the balancer, and this is an appropriate balancer for the engine, I’m totally cool with rebuilding!

It’s a 360. At least according to the block. If it’s less expensive to rebuild the balancer, and this is an appropriate balancer for the engine, I’m totally cool with rebuilding!

Did some research that I could not have started with this thread. Turns out, the cast crank 360s all had externally weighted balancers. The standard one sold by summit, jets and even amazon, come with weights to fit different small block application. So, it turns out, I’ll be buying the same one I was planning to buy, I just didn’t realize it was externally balanced.

well the 360 cast crank can be rebild as well . in fact more so then the 400 or 440 ones . it seems the small block ones shift as well .

well the 360 cast crank can be rebild as well . in fact more so then the 400 or 440 ones . it seems the small block ones shift as well .
I looked into rebuilding on the interwebs, it was about double the cost of buying new. But, I'll chat with the machine shop to see if having it done locally might be less costly.

As long as it works, I really don't have a preference of rebuilt vs new.

fit the american part ....this don't make cents . you should delete the whole thing . it should be fix that american part .

Last edited:
Back