• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Going to resurrect a Daisy Dukes CJ Jeep!

Thanks man! Was a bit of work, sure FUN build? SURE! Pain in the ass at times? you BET! BUT I took a beat up old model, (a collectible one no less) and brought it back from the trash pile........... Remember I bought this kit, partly built in a "back room sale" of a local hobby shop! There was missing & broken parts, and the decals were 15 years old.... (took me 3 sets to get it all together)

Keep something in mind with ALL of my builds...... They're built for contest standards!!!! I build them for competitions!!!! Online, & in real life, locally!

Also how'd like the "load" in the front passenger side floor? :woot: Guess I'm the only guy to get 'em off her! ;)

That's a nice build. I miss having a hobby store near me that has built or open models for sale cheap. I know what I'm doing next time I'm in the Twin Cities.

Thanks Mob! Was a fun one I have to say..... IF you notice with all my "Non-Family members" builds (models of cars or trucks that did not belong to any one of my family members) I add some sort of funny shit to them..... For instance, this one, with Daisy Dukes jean shorts on the front passenger side floor! I did a Christmas Sleigh 2 years ago, thats got Santa's Christmas Helpers Thong on the passenger-side seat, and a Sheer "See-Thru" Short Skirt on the passenger-side floor! LOL

Altho, on my Dads '68 Dart I'm building, it will have a few Playboy mags sort of stuffed under the front passenger-side seat LOL and if I can help it a few scale beer cans too! -Back before I was even thought of, AND a Hellian too! (Like I am now!)

Thanks man! Was a bit of work, sure FUN build? SURE! Pain in the ass at times? you BET! BUT I took a beat up old model, (a collectible one no less) and brought it back from the trash pile........... Remember I bought this kit, partly built in a "back room sale" of a local hobby shop! There was missing & broken parts, and the decals were 15 years old.... (took me 3 sets to get it all together)
Gee , That sounds like my Warlock build ! lol If I ever get around to doing a model of that , I know who I'm going to be calling to do it for me . :) lol

Thanks Mob! Was a fun one I have to say..... IF you notice with all my "Non-Family members" builds (models of cars or trucks that did not belong to any one of my family members) I add some sort of funny shit to them..... For instance, this one, with Daisy Dukes jean shorts on the front passenger side floor! I did a Christmas Sleigh 2 years ago, thats got Santa's Christmas Helpers Thong on the passenger-side seat, and a Sheer "See-Thru" Short Skirt on the passenger-side floor! LOL

Altho, on my Dads '68 Dart I'm building, it will have a few Playboy mags sort of stuffed under the front passenger-side seat LOL and if I can help it a few scale beer cans too! -Back before I was even thought of, AND a Hellian too! (Like I am now!)
I'm sensing a theme , with the shorts , thong's and the playboy mag's . :rolleyes: lol

Gee , That sounds like my Warlock build ! lol If I ever get around to doing a model of that , I know who I'm going to be calling to do it for me . :) lol

Tell ya what, you supply me with the truck and the needed stuff to make it happen and I'd do it in some sort of trade, and then ship it completed back to ya!!!!! That IS if you have Mopar models to trade for such work! Detailed to the 9's.... Like all of them you have seen from me so far!

I'm thinking I'd have to start off with a lil red kit since I've never seen a Warlock kit . Then grab a 440 from another kit as well as the shorter 8 3/4 I have . The only thing I can think of for the back tires would have to be out of some sort of race car kit . This could get more complicated then building the real thing ! :wideyed: lol

Thought I'd quote ya one MORE time just to be a funny bastard............. LOL Go back and have a look at the "Hobbies" area and see my latest thread... "Father & Son Dodge Truck build. its a long one, 2 trucks at once both different..... BUILT simultaneously together, as they will be displayed! -NOT completed yet tho, I'm waiting to get some parts for the truck thats being built like my Dads real one!

I'm thinking I'd have to start off with a lil red kit since I've never seen a Warlock kit . Then grab a 440 from another kit as well as the shorter 8 3/4 I have . The only thing I can think of for the back tires would have to be out of some sort of race car kit . This could get more complicated then building the real thing ! :wideyed: lol

YEAH a Little Red Express would do a Warlock like nothing. don't worry about engine or trany parts, I MOLD THEM myself! So those I can add right in at any level!

What kinda tires did you have on the real one? I MIGHT have those too!

NOW you know how I have TO think when I build! I build to what I see, the trick is getting the hands & fingers to produce what the mind see's once you can, then you'll be detailing like I do! LOL

And that's how a modeler starts a parts box. Or hoards everything they can get their hands on cause ya me we know when you might need it!

And that's how a modeler starts a parts box. Or hoards everything they can get their hands on cause ya me we know when you might need it!

This is true I hoard in order to mold the parts then I can make them whenever the hell I need them instead of "collect" even tho, I do have a nice parts stash of my own from old kits......

Go back and have a look at the "Hobbies" area and see my latest thread
Your copy and paste skills are exquisite! I looked at some posts during a break at work, then checked back a couple hours later and noticed you blew my post count away in 2 hours! Then I remembered why those trucks looked so familiar, I seem em on FABO. Why did you hold out for so long (I know why) I forgot l about this build. I might steal some of your ideas if I ever get around to building a model of my truck.

Do you have any dual 4 barrel intakes for a 440? Or an STR intake? I have no idea what intake the real thing will get, but those are 2 possibilities right now.

And I'll check what I have for casting stuff.

Your copy and paste skills are exquisite! I looked at some posts during a break at work, then checked back a couple hours later and noticed you blew my post count away in 2 hours! Then I remembered why those trucks looked so familiar, I seem em on FABO. Why did you hold out for so long (I know why) I forgot l about this build. I might steal some of your ideas if I ever get around to building a model of my truck.

Do you have any dual 4 barrel intakes for a 440? Or an STR intake? I have no idea what intake the real thing will get, but those are 2 possibilities right now.

And I'll check what I have for casting stuff.

Thanks man I been at it awhile! LOL BUT this is why ALL of my built "topics" are typed in notepad right on the computer with the image code and all embedded into the notepad "post". I can copy & paste the same thread of mine to several forums within minutes!!!!

I didn't hold out on anything.... Nor did I forget about it........ I just wanted to see how much model building interest might be out there before I left 'er rip..... I got SEVERAL other builds like that too that I can also copy & paste!

Dual 4 barrel intakes 1/25th scale? (like those on a 426 "Street" Hemi)???? If those are what ya lookin' for, yes I do! NOW what the hell is a STR intake? LOL

Real thing? I don't have nothing, BUT I can get you any number of molded resin plastic ones in 1/25th scale and 1/24th scale!

Let me know! I can post a thread on EVERY resin engine part I make!!! (I got that all written out in Notepad too! LOL

Last edited:
IMAG1381.jpg

That is an Edelbrock STR intake!

I also have this top for it:

IMAG1362.jpg

I can make one out of sheet stock I have laying around, then send it to you for the machining!

View attachment 7296

That is an Edelbrock STR intake!

I also have this top for it:

View attachment 7297

I can make one out of sheet stock I have laying around, then send it to you for the machining!

I have one like this ALREADY started!!!! I actually have the "Cross-Ram" base, and can take others and make different tops for them in scale.... Thats one step ahead of you LOL

I also plan to take a "Cross-Ram" and mold a twin 6 pack set up for it as well! (I've already made one of them!) So.....

IF I were to ask for any kind of help on this, to make the mold it be to help me get some funding for the mold making medium..... I'm completely out of it, and at times with money being tight, its not always easy to get!

Back