• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Does anyone look at the for sale ads here?

Aussie, I've ridden my motorcycle all over the US and one thing I find is that if you're looking for jerks, check out the big cities of the NE such as New York City and the big cities of the west coast in California. If I've offended any decent folks here from those areas I apologize to you personally, but not to everyone in the areas I mentioned. I guess when you live in cities where you are crowded together like rats, you start acting like them. If you want to find considerate people with manners, they're easy to find in the middle of the country rather than the big cities on both coasts. They're also found in the more rural areas of the southeast. In the SE, it's still very common to hear people using "Sir" and "Ma'am" (although down under I know the latter is sometimes used to describe working girls.) In the rural areas of the Midwest, it's still common for people to leave their house unlocked when they're gone and their car unlocked when they go to the store (or shops I thnk you folks call them.)

I usually don't hang out in big cities when I travel even in Australia, I have found more friendly people outside of cities, but I take everybody as I find them. Made a few friends along the way, I like the wide open spaces, I especially liked Arizona & New Mexico, I started to make plans a couple of years ago to resettle outside Phoenix after my divorce but things didn't work out.

So were does Massachusetts fall in your opinion "bikinkawboy" ? :rolleyes2:
Aussie, I've ridden my motorcycle all over the US and one thing I find is that if you're looking for jerks, check out the big cities of the NE such as New York City and the big cities of the west coast in California. If I've offended any decent folks here from those areas I apologize to you personally, but not to everyone in the areas I mentioned. I guess when you live in cities where you are crowded together like rats, you start acting like them. If you want to find considerate people with manners, they're easy to find in the middle of the country rather than the big cities on both coasts. They're also found in the more rural areas of the southeast. In the SE, it's still very common to hear people using "Sir" and "Ma'am" (although down under I know the latter is sometimes used to describe working girls.) In the rural areas of the Midwest, it's still common for people to leave their house unlocked when they're gone and their car unlocked when they go to the store (or shops I thnk you folks call them.)

There's rude people everywhere I'm in the city but still mostly all HillBilly still (I believe in the right to take a whiz off my big back porch) I'm a PA HillBilly & do have to say that most of the rude people that I've met are in New York City & are from usually the mid-upper middle class & above which is where the rude generally begins

There are some in this world of rude who are like those of us who feel like "Everyone puts their pants on the same"

Those of us who follow the Dodge truck generally don't follow the rude trend but actually more in the trend of those who accept a challenge & carry it through especially being the fact that we have very few parts suppliers & a lot of us rely on these ads

If I had been selling those parts I probably would have reacted in the same way That looks like some good stuff there

Well bear, I suspect you're ok. Anyone who likes old Dodge pickups can't be all bad. I do know from personal experience that when driving in Boston, it's every man for himself and if you're on a bike, there is no such thing as you having the right-of-way. Unless that is, you want to die under the wheels of an automobile or a woman in her SUV while talking on her cell phone while rushing to her kid's soccer game. But I've seen behavior almost as bad in downtown Chicago, so I think it's more of a big city thing. So bear, unless you prove otherwise I'm going to assume you're a good guy.

Sorry to put you on the spot "bikinkaboy" but you left yourself wide open and I couldn't resist .:becky: I've grown up in Massachusetts but have what I call a southern heart . I was just born in the north . I'm the type of guy that still opens doors for women and the elderly , say's thank you and please , ect. and I've had people ask me over the years were I come from because you can't come from here . lol But that's just the way I was raised . But just don't piss me off , then another side of me comes out that even I don't like . lol :mad2: But I also agree with what you said about Mass drivers and "some" of the people ( I ride to ). But on the other hand you can find just as many rude people in small towns as you can the big cities . A good example is when I was down in Kentucky visiting my wife's family . I got more then enough of a welcome were ever I went and everybody I met were more then friendly . But then I crossed over the border into a small town in Ohio . I went into a small store to get my wife some juice . While I was looking around there was a woman there that worked there . She was all smiles and talked to everyone real friendly like . She saw me looking around and with a big smile asked me if she could help me find something . I told her what I was looking for and as soon as she heard my accent , the smile went off her face and she turned her back to me and walked away from me . "Not" a very friendly attitude . So it's not so much were you are , It's who you happen to come across in your travels .
Well bear, I suspect you're ok. Anyone who likes old Dodge pickups can't be all bad. I do know from personal experience that when driving in Boston, it's every man for himself and if you're on a bike, there is no such thing as you having the right-of-way. Unless that is, you want to die under the wheels of an automobile or a woman in her SUV while talking on her cell phone while rushing to her kid's soccer game. But I've seen behavior almost as bad in downtown Chicago, so I think it's more of a big city thing. So bear, unless you prove otherwise I'm going to assume you're a good guy.

From a fellow Hillbilly or as I like to call myself , redneck , I hear what your saying . It's all good on this end .:thumb:
There's rude people everywhere I'm in the city but still mostly all HillBilly still (I believe in the right to take a whiz off my big back porch) I'm a PA HillBilly & do have to say that most of the rude people that I've met are in New York City & are from usually the mid-upper middle class & above which is where the rude generally begins

There are some in this world of rude who are like those of us who feel like "Everyone puts their pants on the same"

Those of us who follow the Dodge truck generally don't follow the rude trend but actually more in the trend of those who accept a challenge & carry it through especially being the fact that we have very few parts suppliers & a lot of us rely on these ads

If I had been selling those parts I probably would have reacted in the same way That looks like some good stuff there

I moved from the mountains right before my 18th birthday & moved soooo far south that if you went any further south you'd be standing in the Gulf of Mexico
When I got laid off & went looking for a job I found out that I needed to learn how to speak with a southern draw cause that "You're a Yankee ain't ya" came up an awful lot & I wasn't working
Then my voice changed & I started working again Now they have a hard time sometimes keeping up with me back home that was 35 years ago

Looks like a great billboard up at the top for someone to be prompted to look in the "For Sale" ads
don't ya think it beats a BTT & folks are getting to know each other better

Looks like a great billboard up at the top for someone to be prompted to look in the "For Sale" ads

I concur DodgeAddict and I both appreciate and am enjoying the continued comments and the support. :)

I agree with you Bob . I don't see were there's any problem with the thread or what's being talked about .

lol . We've got family in Kentucky / North Carolina and South Carolina and every time we go to visit after about three days I sound like I grew up there and never left but then when I come back to Mass it takes me at least three months to talk like I normally talk and everyone up here asks me were I'm from . lol Honestly I never want to come back . Someday I'd like to just move to one of those states for good .
I moved from the mountains right before my 18th birthday & moved soooo far south that if you went any further south you'd be standing in the Gulf of Mexico
When I got laid off & went looking for a job I found out that I needed to learn how to speak with a southern draw cause that "You're a Yankee ain't ya" came up an awful lot & I wasn't working
Then my voice changed & I started working again Now they have a hard time sometimes keeping up with me back home that was 35 years ago

If I can swing a deal I'll buy the bed to trade for a stepside one

I have a short bed AND the front and side panels for a step side and i have the step side fenders.

I'm enjoying everyones comments and appreciate the conversations

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone !!!!
Thank you and a Happy thanksgiving to you and yours ! And Happy thanksgiving to all my fellow truck guys here as well . :peace:

Back