• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Diagram of wiring harness in eng. bay

moparsteve636

Reaction score
Need a wiring harness diagram of under hood 83 D series p/u !Trying to locate the wiring for the blower motor! Some one cut the wires! Can't find the main wires for it! It has black and orange wires on the motor! Found a connection same colors but it's not hot!

A/C or plan heater. Hot (orange wire) comes of the rheostat on top the heater box behind the glove box. Do not remember where the other wire originates. They both pass threw the same fire wall grommet. Will get you a picture and post it later. 82 & 83 were pretty close to the same. Mine is an 82 with A/C. If I remember right the blower motor doesn't care which wire goes where.

Well I goofed on that one yes they go threw the bulk head and come out of the engine harness with the washer bottle wires. Photo of the wire connector. Not sure what this harness is out off. Its either 83 or 84. The 82 never had the disconnect for the engine wiring. This one does.

20190519_164201.jpg
photo would not load on 2 g connection. Worked just great at 4g

Thanks man! That connection is still there! Have no idea why some one cut the wires! I checked the switch and fuses so nothing was out of the ordinary No hot spots! I owned this trk. many years ago! sold it when I got a 99 cummins powered Ram! It has been really abused!Bought it back a couple of months ago just for sentimental reasons I guess! Got it originally in 89 and hauled cars around the country for a couple of years! Being a paid tourist LOL BTW do you happen to have a cowl vent for it? Some reason
it's missing! Along with the Tilt column Infinity radio I have replaced the column no radio yet,I have 3 systems and none work anymore. Again thanks! Steve

I have a few colors red and red. May even have a white one but dont remember. No radio.

I will be in the St Louis area later this week and can throw it in. Have no idea what these are going for these day. Send me a PM and let me know what its worth to you.

Thats fine. Missed you this trip. My phone gets no reception in Sikeston. If you can wait a few week. I can drop it off next trip. Will pm my e-mail later.

Back