• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dads ol dodge

Personally I like hearing about motor builds and ideas people come up with . Someone should start a thread on there build or there ideas on a future motor build . I don't have anything going right now myself other then tweaking my 440 and changing up a couple of things . But with winter coming that's been put on the back burner for a lil bit .

Took that as a hint got have a look, and please ADD in to it...

Members "Engine Build" ideas thread....

I hate to say this, you took a 400 B block, and bored it .060 over? Hows that work out to a 456?

The bore of a "B" 400 is 4.34, and the stroke is 3.375, .060 over the 4.34 bore doesn't make it a 456, it makes it a 410.5 (411)?

The math just doesn't work out!
((4.34 X 4.34) / 4) X 3.141592654 X 3.375 X 8 = 410.543327971114, or 410 cubic inches (OR 6.72768182441234 Liters "6.7L")

You do a different stroke then?

Go back and read post # 151, It's a 400 with a 440 rotating assembly (stroked) plus bored .060" over. You just missed the post that explained it that's all.

Anything new on your Dad's truck "747mopar" ?

Nope, I've been tinkering with the Charger a bit. I've been driving it the last 2 summers trying to get everything exactly the way I want, 1st summer with a 727 and a 870 Holley Street Avenger followed by this summer with a Viper T56 6 speed and a 850 Demon Double Pumper so now I know what I want and need to make a couple minor changes. Switching to a Quick Fuel 750 Double Pumper to gain more velocity at idle for better throttle response and a better idle and switching out the ignition system. All I can say is 6 gears is like heaven in these old cars haha..... Love it!!!

No worries I work on the truck every Friday and Saturday night, funds are still low so I'll keep fixing the rust spots that don't require panels until I get the floors and wheel openings. The motor is getting tanked, heads getting new guides and a valve job and the crank is being polished up so no motor work until that's done.

Oh man , I "bet" that six speed is sweet in your Charger ! What are you running for gears ? All this talk about your car is making me miss the 69 I had . :( I can still feel that pistol grip in my right hand . :D

Oh man , I "bet" that six speed is sweet in your Charger ! What are you running for gears ? All this talk about your car is making me miss the 69 I had . :( I can still feel that pistol grip in my right hand . :D

You mean this?????

20150524_174450.jpg

I had to have a pistol grip so I made one out of Titanium with Curly Maple grips. I'm running 3:55s which equals 20 mpg on the freeway where I'm running 80 mph at 1,800 rpm.

Oh man , your killing me here ! Your interior's a lot more modern then mine was . I had a long throw pistol grip and high back buckets out of a 70 . I owned that car for twenty something years . My best time in the quarter was high 9's sideways .Didn't like the highway much , not with the 4:30's in the rear .

Oh man , your killing me here ! Your interior's a lot more modern then mine was . I had a long throw pistol grip and high back buckets out of a 70 . I owned that car for twenty something years . My best time in the quarter was high 9's sideways .Didn't like the highway much , not with the 4:30's in the rear .

Wow!! Getting in the 9's takes a super fast car, mine won't come close to that...... maybe 12's but it's built to drive and drive allot. This car was missing the whole interior, motor and tranny so I took the liberty of doing whatever I wanted with it which meant Stratus buckets and a Chrysler 300 rear re-upholstered to look somewhat vintage.

Thanks guys, this is "the car" I always wanted so it isn't going anywhere.

Wow!! Getting in the 9's takes a super fast car, mine won't come close to that...... maybe 12's but it's built to drive and drive allot. This car was missing the whole interior, motor and tranny so I took the liberty of doing whatever I wanted with it which meant Stratus buckets and a Chrysler 300 rear re-upholstered to look somewhat vintage.

Thanks guys, this is "the car" I always wanted so it isn't going anywhere.
Yeah , Mine was a "fun" car . In the early days , I took that car out every chance I got . It's funny because as quick as that car was , when I took it to work , I was never on time . lol After I hurt my back , I just didn't drive it as much and it just sat in the garage more then it seen the streets . Yours is done "NICE" ! I like what you did to it and you made it "yours" . I firmly believe , in building these type of cars , that you have to put yourself in them . Make it "your" car and set it apart from everyone else's and you did one hellava job in doing just that . Good job ! :cool:

Agreed Bear, I have nothing against the guys that want everything correct but to me it just doesn't make sense after all the time and money to not take some liberties in making it yours.

I'm STILL droolin' over that Charger MY GOD man thats a nice ride 9 second car, yeah thats a no piss with it car.. LOL

My truck might get a 1/8 mile in 25 seconds LOL (That is, if I shift fast enough!) Pulling a freakin house all at the same time LOL

I'm STILL droolin' over that Charger MY GOD man thats a nice ride 9 second car, yeah thats a no piss with it car.. LOL

My truck might get a 1/8 mile in 25 seconds LOL (That is, if I shift fast enough!) Pulling a freakin house all at the same time LOL

Thanks Power Wagon, that was Bears Charger that ran 9s not mine.

Man, I'm just droolin over your Charger! My first car was a 68 Charger and would love to have another one. Lotta good times in that thing. Don't blame you for wanting to get some extra cruising in b4 winter. I'd wanna drive that everywhere.

Finished the driver side rocker repairs and test fitting the door.... It's a go!

20151114_210244.jpg

20151114_214101.jpg

Unfortunately instead of leaving what looked like a solid rocker alone I had to peal it open, looky what I found. Looks like I'll be doing it all over again whoohoo!

20151114_210221.jpg

20151114_212814.jpg

Ok, I'm not touching anything with my truck. I'm slow, pokey, and never have enough money. I hope my truck is in better shape (only for my cheapass lazy sake) just so I don't have to fret over "when?".

Good job on what you've done and what you will do. Makes me wish you were closer...

Honestly most rust repairs are fairly simple but these corners really suck. Layers of bad metal hidden under good metal and repairing it properly requires cutting a lot more out just to gain access. Can't wait to get this one done so I can move on to simpler things.
Ok, I'm not touching anything with my truck. I'm slow, pokey, and never have enough money. I hope my truck is in better shape (only for my cheapass lazy sake) just so I don't have to fret over "when?".

Good job on what you've done and what you will do. Makes me wish you were closer...
Haha, I just keep reminding myself of how bad the Charger was. It recieved a new roof, full quarters, Dutchman panel, rear valance, tail lights panel, trunk floor, inner fender and many patches so this is a walk in the park or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

Back