• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Can't get tires to spin easy or power brake

Yes I will I just ordered it gonna take about two weeks to come in. Damn American dollar put me to 400$ Canadian plus gaskets. I'm also going to put edelbrock rpm heads on as well 63cc should make a huge difference

Cool ! :cool: I keep forgetting your in Canada . That would kill me waiting two weeks for my parts . By the way , I meant to ask you . What are you running for an exhaust ? Please say Long tube headers .

Yes running long tube headers through 2.5 inch pipes with an h pipe and 40 series mufflers

Well I found out what was wrong, motor was running on 7 cylinders, check the picture out will explain everything. Still changing the manifold out to the dual plane.

image.jpeg

Well I found out what was wrong, motor was running on 7 cylinders, check the picture out will explain everything. Still changing the manifold out to the dual plane.
Maaaan ! Yup ! That's an issue all right ! The motor must have been running rough . You couldn't feel or hear that there's was something wrong ? Luckily , It look's like a clean brake but I'd still look for any debris while you have the engine apart . I hate to say it but I did something like that one time with a 440 six pack . During a race with a big block Chevelle . I bent one push rod like a banana and the other one went right threw the rocker arm . The car still got me home though . :D

Took a good look drained oil and filter and ran a magnet around to pick any loose steel up, runs like a champ again, and surprisingly it didn't feel like it was running rough just felt like a cam.

Thanks a lot for the help though, it's running like a champ now, I'll let you guys know how it is after I change the heads and intake. Thinking that will bring me up to just over 425 horse to the motor

Glad to hear there was no metal and no other damage ! You got lucky ! :D I really am surprised though that you didn't feel or hear that one cylinder down . If you think it's running this good now , just wait till you get that other intake on . I bet your going to be pleasantly surprised ! :cool:

Thanks a lot for the help though, it's running like a champ now, I'll let you guys know how it is after I change the heads and intake. Thinking that will bring me up to just over 425 horse to the motor
Any time Chase ! :cool:

Back