• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Bench Racing 101

What was the significance of the RAm name with the new '81 models? I could find the answer, I have some ads for that year truck, but don't have time to look. Was it the use of the name Ram officially? Or the Rams head hood ornament? This is your mission should you choose to accept it.
Is this the answer you were looking for ? ..... The name "Ram" was first used in 1981 on the redesigned Ram and Power Ram following the retiring and rebadging of the Dodge D series pickup trucks as well as B-series vans. The truck is named for the Ram hood ornament that first appeared on Dodge vehicles in 1933. :)

Anybody watch Street Outlaws this week ? The 405 is back ( It's about time ) . If you didn't watch Top Gear you should . I laughed my butt off on the Rubicon episode . :D

Check this Ram out . I don't like the idea of the LS under the hood , but I get a kick out of the Nitros purge .

Well finally got the plugs changed in the Dart, took all day. A bit tight you think?
DSC00543.JPG
DSC00544.JPG

No but might next time the motor is out to finish the engine compartment, never did it thankfully with all the add ons I did to make this thing work out. I want to fill all the un used holes etc.

14 were to long had to go to bosh something I can get a number if you need them.
I was just curious , that's why I asked . I'm running 10's at the moment . The 12's and the 14's should be the same length's ? Just different heat ranges .

You ever think about re-jetting your carb instead of going to a hotter plug ?

I just wanted to make sure the caps lock was working. I did re jet the carb also those were the plugs that were in from the initial engine install. Of course now I have a good oil leak off the back pass side valve cover of course under the blower motor. prob happened when I changed out the wire looms. Have a steel core gasket set on the way now.

I did re jet the carb also those were the plugs that were in from the initial engine install. Of course now I have a good oil leak off the back pass side valve cover of course under the blower motor. prob happened when I changed out the wire looms. Have a steel core gasket set on the way now.
Well that explains a lot . Well at least they were all even . lol Ever notice whenever you do get a leak , It's always a spot that's a pain in the but to get too ?

Back