• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

94 Dakota wiper bushings

I don't have the part #s handy, but I know Dorman has them. There are 2 different sizes, one for the wiper motor pivot & ones for the linkage arms. I have a 95 & are pretty sure they are the same one you need. Most auto parts stores have them or can get them. Let me know if you still can't find them. I bought extras. Just replace all of them when you do it, your there anyway.

I'm looking at the Dorman box right now & the part # reads 118-301 wiper linkage bushings. There are 2 different bushings on these. 1 is for the linkage itself & the other is for the motor to linkage arm. (Arm from motor, bolts to motor that goes to linkage rod) I have both, but forget what ones were in this box. 1 bushing is open all the way through & the other is solid on one end.

I'm looking at the Dorman box right now & the part # reads 118-301 wiper linkage bushings. There are 2 different bushings on these. 1 is for the linkage itself & the other is for the motor to linkage arm. (Arm from motor, bolts to motor that goes to linkage rod) I have both, but forget what ones were in this box. 1 bushing is open all the way through & the other is solid on one end.
The part I listed has them all. No guessing. I've used them before, needed a few of each which was perfect. Better than trying to figure out each size needed. Whopping $10. shipped.

Good to know. I'm gonna write that part number down just in case. I hope I don't ever have to replace mine again though. I've heard some complain that they are difficult to install, but as long as you press them on with the wiper linkage out of the truck and use the right method, it's pretty simple. The picture of the Dakota in your avatar looks NICE Scoots. I hope that's a V8 one. Mine currently, (3rd one) is a work in progress driver. Not pretty, but goes good and it's factory V8 truck, fun to drive too.

Thanks but its not a V8, yet. Ive owned well over a dozen Daks and love them. This one is a 3.9 5spd thats currently my work truck. She sees about 1k miles a week. I did just land another one that Im doing a trans in. After that the lil reg cab V6 will get a Paxton blower Ive had laying around just for shits and grins. Oonce I waste the 3.9 with overboost ;-) I have a mild built 5.2 that Ill drop in. After I waste the 5sd with either engine I'll swap to a built A500. Few pics..
WhiteDak1.jpg

New one getting a trans..
1-1.jpg

Little bit of fun..
mine-1.jpg

Both trucks are very clean. The one with the factory fog lights is a rare option around here. It's hard to find one in my area that's not kind of rusty at the very least. (I am in the rust belt) I wish I had more pictures to send of the 2 others I owned. Both 2wd regular cab V8 5 speed trucks, both black. The first one I had was a 95 that I ordered with all that stuff & a 3:91 locking rear. After I hopped it up a little, Mopar Performance computer, Jacobs Ignition, Walker Dynomax cat back exhaust & a cold air set up that I made, (can't go too wild with OBD1 system)That truck was surprisingly fast & shocked a lot of people. My best 1/4 mile time at Atco was 13.89 with street tires. The last one I had was a 2000 with the 4.7 V8 5 speed, didn't mod that one too much. I sold it to a long time friend who bought it for his Dad's 70th birthday over 10 year ago, HE STILL HAS IT! Still has low mileage (less than 53,000) & garage kept, still in super nice condition. I told them if they ever wants to sell it, give me 1st shot. Wish I had both back. Very hard to find a R.C. V8 let alone with a 5 speed. Good luck with your Dakotas. I wish mine was as clean as yours, but I took what I could find. They are a blast to drive.

This one was a very modded 3.9, 5 lug convert with 8 3/4-4.10 with 150 shot N2O. That was my profile pic over on dodgedakota.net. I was Fazdak.
profile.jpg

This one is also in my driveway but will probably get stripped and then off to the crusher..
2-15 Dak.jpg

What body style 8/34 rear did you use for the 5 lug conversion? I would like to do this to mine some day, but the less cutting I have to do to the rear the better, Or is there an 8 3/4 that fits pretty close width wise (A Body?) Not too many wheel options for a 6 lug set up. Man Dakota's up here are difficult to find in that shape. Your lucky to live where you do. I do have a picture of a Dakota I got for $200. V8 & 3:91 sure grip rear, bone stock. It WAS a nice truck until an 80' oak fell on it. Thankfully is was parked on the guy's lot with no one in it.

DSC00506.JPG

DSC00505.JPG

Mines an E body. Like 1/2" wider wms to wms. People always told me A bodies were the ticket but I had an E body laying around and liked it considering Dodge always uses narrower rears, E body is damn near the exact track width of the stock front. I welded new perches in the right places and used Comp Engineering lower coilover mounts for shock mounts, just in case I even went coilovers they would already be there. Those are my 73 Challenger rally wheels on it the green one. Man that Dak is FUBR! Damn shame. My 340 Chally, been in storage for going on 21 years now..
21037_239900119406_690884406_3001107_4535283_n-1.jpg

The Dak did have some good parts on it that I needed & sold the truck with the engine, tranny & rear for $350 after I removed the parts I needed. Right place, right time. I happen to know where an E body is, in a salvage yard believe it or not. A 70 Barracuda, picked clean, but still had the rear axle in it. Maybe get it cheap. I just bought, TODAY, a 87 Dodge D250 w 199,000 miles on it, 318 4 speed manual & limited slip Dana 60 rear from the original owner. It's kinda rough but it's all there & was on the road untill May of this year. Owner is in his mid 90s! Doesn't drive anymore. Might be a quick flip. Gotta go!

Used to have several E body cars but none anymore but do have a B body rear in my storage trailer from a 66 Coronet that I'm thinking about sticking into my 95 V6 with a 4.88 that's doing nothing right now :D

Used to have several E body cars but none anymore but do have a B body rear in my storage trailer from a 66 Coronet that I'm thinking about sticking into my 95 V6 with a 4.88 that's doing nothing right now :D
I've never done a B body in a Dak. A bodies are narrower and E body is almost exact same. I've been told B body is narrower. 4.88's ought to get her out the hole real nice. Had 4.10's in my 94 6'er with 150 shot of N2O.

E bodies are 2" wider than the 68-70 B cars and the 66-67 is only about 5/8" shorter than the 68-70 B's.....the A cars are one of the shortest ones at around 55" iirc. I have the measurements for the early Dakota's laying here some where. I kinda like the early Durango 8" wheels on both of mine but yeah, the 5 lug would open the door for a lot more choices.

I also dont have the measurement for Dakotas but can tell you, the E body was way closer in the truck than the A body was. My 94 with an E body and my Challengers rallye's..
profile.jpg

Keep in mind, once you've done the 8 3/4 swap, with appropriate U joint and possibly some D shaft shortening. Be sure to unplug the ABS module under the pass kick panel so the dash light goes off and then, simply buy 90 2wd roters to get 4.5X5 all the way round.

Back