• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

'87 Power Ram 440 V8 4X4 long bed

1986_Dodge_Ram_1500_Royal_SE_Prospector_4x4.jpg
Well...in my defense it has been under construction for 4 years almost. it will be okay with a breather before I get hot and heavy into bodywork. I hate sanding...lol. All of the metalwork and fabrication is done so that's what's next. Wish I had a bunch of guys I could roll it over to and say, hit it! In the meanwhile I will cleanup the few rusty spots on this truck and replace two of three hunks of metal. Then rough it up and paint it. It already has gloss black on the top so I'm going to tape it off and spray Gold Dust poly AU Single Stage Urethane along the sides and then gloss black along the bottom. I'm going to run two wide Gold Dust panels up over the hood and stick large black 1971 440 hood decals on the gold. Should look bitchin...lol. Just imagine this hood with the same color gold in two 12 inch wide stripes with gold 440 numbers about 4" high in black against that gold.

It should look really good when your done.
I recalled buying a gold colored carpet set for my 67 Coronet a couple of years ago. I dug it out and it fits the Ram truck! It's the right color, and NOT the right color for the 67 Coronet. So I trimmed it up and it looks okay.

WP_20180326_13_09_07_Pro.jpg

WP_20180326_13_09_16_Pro.jpg

WP_20180326_13_09_28_Pro.jpg

WP_20180326_13_45_22_Pro.jpg

1929-1-300x325.jpg

It reminds me.of my Dart, it asking "what about me, I thought I was next?"
I need to stay away from salvage yards. I keep seeing cars that I check out and say to myself, " Hmmm, that would be a blast to restore, oh, look at THAT one, that's nice too......"

I need to stay away from salvage yards. I keep seeing cars that I check out and say to myself, " Hmmm, that would be a blast to restore, oh, look at THAT one, that's nice too......"
I do that too, then rememberrhow long it's taken to restore one (20 years not even started)! Laura complains all I care about is cars, then I proceed to tell her about some old car or truck we just passed. I don't know what she means.

Last edited:
Lynn hates to watch movie and tv shows where there are old cars because she says I make weird noises and have to name every cars make and year, I don't know what she means either...strange.

Lynn hates to watch movie and tv shows where there are old cars because she says I make weird noises and have to name every cars make and year, I don't know what she means either...strange.
Laura was watching Saturday Night Fever the other day stopping it and asking me if that's cars were Mopar or not, I thought that was pretty cool.

So back to your truck, the stripes going on the hood, are they factory style from a different year?

So back to your truck, the stripes going on the hood, are they factory style from a different year?
The 440 numbers are a decal from the 1970 Dodge Charger hood treatment. See pic.
The stripes I will lay out myself but are like Chevelle stripes. About 14" wide with a 1/8th stripe 1/4" off of each edge. The numbers go on like on the Charger.

76133ff8557a8e44400af7556314c5a8.jpg

I also thought about the same width area but have the motion stripe blocks beginning with larger at the front to smaller as it goes to the back.
Like these sort..of.

thIHTEFJLB.jpg

Last edited:
Back