• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

'87 Power Ram 440 V8 4X4 long bed

Ghostrider 67

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm over on FBBO and figured this was the spot to put a truck up. I just bought this rig for the 440 in it. The rest of the truck is for sale, all i'm going to need is everything in the engine compartment except the BB oil pickup tube and oil pan, the engine mounts, and exhaust manifolds as they are BB truck specific and are hard to locate for sale. Also leaving the brakes system and cooling system. So basically a roller. Has a perfect dash in it (red) all good glass, great tires. Comes with the BB tranny too. This is a running/ driving truck.
I will place it in the for sale section but wanted to get the word out more widely.
Thanks, Ghostrider 67

WP_20170117_15_15_18_Pro.jpg

WP_20170117_15_15_04_Pro.jpg

WP_20170117_15_15_28_Pro.jpg

WP_20170117_15_15_38_Pro.jpg

Today I removed all of the interior plastic trim, all of the polished 3/4 trim and the 4" lower trim from the outside, and all of the clips. Took off the grill shell and the headlight doors. Took off the wheel well trim. Removed the finish panel from the tail gate. and the dodge emblem from the hood. and the tail lights. That leaves the mirrors, running boards, rear bumper, tailgate topper, power ram side emblems,and two short 4" trim pieces around the front side marker lights. Plus seat and carpet. Then i'll be all set to do metalwork and painting interior pieces.

We will be expecting some pictures before you start cutting repair areas.
I fixed the underside of my 82 before joining here and did not bother with pictures. They just might be a great help to some one that has not done these types of repairs but need to.
So you going to pull the cab from the frame? If you do these things are front end heavy even with the cab gutted.
I built a carrier that was long enough to roll the cab onto its back. It made cleaning and repairing the bottom side much eaiser.

We will be expecting some pictures before you start cutting repair areas.
I fixed the underside of my 82 before joining here and did not bother with pictures. They just might be a great help to some one that has not done these types of repairs but need to.
So you going to pull the cab from the frame? If you do these things are front end heavy even with the cab gutted.
I built a carrier that was long enough to roll the cab onto its back. It made cleaning and repairing the bottom side much eaiser.
I intend to slide the bed off and tip it upside down to replace the floor. The cab I had thought to simply roll backwards onto a 3/4" sheet of plywood over the bed rails. I need to blast and clean/paint the frame. Tons of flaking undercoating and scale rust. Want to get it cleaned up and then coated with Waxoil. Yes, I will take pics. Now, in fact...lol.

First pics are the trim piled up near the ceiling, on the roof of the 67 Coronet and on the trunk deck. The rest are the spots where TLC is needed. Removing the trim allowed me to see exactly what needs to be cut away. looks like the bottom of both door skins, left rear bottom quarter tail and a couple of small spots. The rest is surface rust and no big deal to repair.

WP_20180322_15_21_21_Pro.jpg

WP_20180322_15_21_32_Pro.jpg

WP_20180322_15_21_48_Pro.jpg

WP_20180322_15_22_01_Pro.jpg

WP_20180322_15_22_04_Pro.jpg

WP_20180322_15_22_09_Pro.jpg

WP_20180322_15_22_13_Pro.jpg

WP_20180322_15_22_21_Pro.jpg

WP_20180322_15_22_27_Pro.jpg

WP_20180322_15_22_33_Pro.jpg

I will need to make a pattern for where the factory mounting pins are for the lower 4" moldings where I cut metal away. I'm going to want to put them back on straight...lol.

The rusty bits around the tail light housings are just surface stuff. Besides, i'm a good fabricator, I got this.

There's several things to know when your going to pull all of this stuff out. First, don't ever just haul on pieces and force them. If it's not coming then there is another screw somewhere, look for it. For those who don't know, there is a small push button on the bottom of the headlight switch behind the dash. Push it in and the headlight knob and shaft will slide out. There several screws holding the dash frame in the following places; Behind the black plastic switch cover next to the headlight switch. Unplug the back of it and underneath you will see 4 screws holding the lever in place and the aluminum plate the back lite is mounted on. Get all of the ones you can see by getting down by the floor and looking up. There's some above the gauge package, there's two underneath and behind of the ashtray. There's 4 bolts along the bottom edge of the dash frame that you wont see until the dash bezel is out, 5/16 heads. Three under the front bottom of the glovebox, pull it out and then 4 bolts to the left inside that cavity and two to the right as well as one way inside the right side that attaches to the cab wall. You have to stick your head in there and peek around the edge.
There are either 6 or 7 bolts along the top front edge of the dash under the windshield rubber gasket. Good luck with these if you are planning to keep the windshield as I cant see how you could pull them without removing the glass and gasket. If you run your finger tip along the rubber you can feel the slight bulges where they are behind the gasket. The speakers behind the door edges have a screw in the door frame facing the rear of the truck. The kick panel on the left has two screws up next to the e brake frame that are next to impossible to get to without the correct tools. If you do it right you should be left with the gauge package, the heat/air switches, and any other dash switches just hanging there, see the pics. Pull the gauge package forward off of the speedo cable head so you can move it to get the dash past it. Be careful not to pull too hard and snap the thin cable that moves the gear selector indicator.

You don't mess around, do you?
Nope. Spring is coming and I have a 67 Coronet beast in the garage that I want to finish. I need to get this truck finished so I can sell the two F150's. Next up is a good wash down inside and out and compressed air to blow all of the dust out from the dash area and behind the seat. After that it's cut and paste time for sheet metal. I have a farm with livestock and need at least one running and inspected truck to haul feed and hay.

With the pic's of the Coronet covered in parts I figured it was on the back burner. Keep the pic's and updates coming.

With the pic's of the Coronet covered in parts I figured it was on the back burner. Keep the pic's and updates coming.
yeah. Plus I keep it covered all of the time to keep dust off of it. That big ass trunk deck is a convenient place to drop everything too.:D

Back