• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

84 Rampage

I did a closer look at the Rampage pick-ups....the shell belongs on the brown truck. I'll do that. A couple tires need air or replacing.....we'll see. I have a place to store them. I'll need to "smog" the brown one ...California law says we must smog to register cars after 1975.....if it really runs, that is. A couple websites say....good mileage and somewhat helpful on moderate loads and trips to load stuff....I like that. That is what most of my trips are all about. Unfortunately...now I'm doing that at 12-13 mpg in the 3/4 ton, 4 by4 diesel.....@$4.41 per gal.
Thanks for a GREAT site and place to talk about cars and trucks....thanks for the responses.

Nice trucks you got there. According to my friend, those bed toppers were not very common. Nice score you have!

Thanks for the notes on the year and the shell....Now.....what to do......? Sell....trade....price? I'm sure with some research....I'll figure it out. Many thanks...great site!!!

Those are freakin cool little rides. I remember back in the day one of the Mopar mags made a GLHS Rampage. They were getting like 300hp to the wheels. I just cant get the picture of it doing a big ole smokey burnout with some trash cans in the back, out of my mind. I wanna say the caption said "getting the trash to the dump expeditiously". lol

Well....after a wash job....air in two low tires...replace two tires....some clean up of the motor....a new battery....gas down the carb.....The Gold Rampage started and ran pretty good after sitting for who knows how long!!!! I haven't driven the Gold Rampage as it isn't registered currently. The gold Rampage truck looks like a winner!!!! I'm selling them both ...If you might be a buyer in California ....I'll have to smog it. If you're out of state, no smog. I'll sell them both together. One running ...stopping...5-speed with 97,000 miles...with a shell...and a title and one complete auto truck ...motor condition unknown....all tires hold air in the Red parts truck....and a title for it also. $2500 for both. These are high desert trucks in California...no rust issues......I'm located 3 hours south of Reno, Nevada....5 hours north of Los Angeles.

Well...I got the Gold Rampage started...all it needed was some gas down the carb...two new tires....a wash job. some clean up in the bed....transferred the bed-shell to the right truck....and posted them both for sale on A Bodies only website. Yea!!! Both for sale as a two-for-one price. $2500 for both. It's a 5-speed.....running .....titled truck.....with 97,000 miles.....not bad for 30 years old. The clear-coat is failing . I have no information on the red Rampage....except that I have a title for it and its a complete car. Auto.....great to have a rust-free pair. Interest?????

we have a 83, that was a parts chaser for many years, til the gas tank started leaking and the unibody cracked behind the cab floorboard
Hated to get rid of it, so we put a tube frame under it, and 4 extra cylinders in the engine compartment.

031s.jpg

020.gif

006-2.jpg

034s.jpg

Our Rampage was a daily parts chaser for many years, til the fuel tank developed many pin holes,
and the uni-body started splitting at the back window area, in the floor
4-05-05001-1.gif

this is when , we were told, why don't ya put a 440 in it.
3-1-04049.gif

Last edited:
I know I'm a little late to this subject but after reading this thred I just had to throw in my two cent's . I can't beleive that a "true" Mopar guy or Mopar Truck guy put down another Mopar like at the begining of this thred . I could maybe understand raging on a brand X , but another Mopar ? That's just not right . I've come across some sick Ram 50's over the years as well as a couple of Rampage's . Hell take a look at Howard's ! That's one Rampage I would hate to pull up to and see that in the other lane. lol .... I don't know maybe it's just me , but I'm an old school die hard "MOPAR" guy and we allway's stuck togeather . But again , that's just my two cent's . ..... Nice truck's guy's !

I'm still looking for a buyer for the two..high desert Rampage pick-ups. Thanks for the comment Bear.
Kegan dropped me a note of interest but haven't heard back from him.
It was a very pleasant surprise to spend a couple afternoons on the Gold Rampage ...and hear it fire. With gas prices going up ....again!!!!....I should park the diesel and start driving the Rampage!
I am really impressed with "dragginmopars" work. Thanks guys..I agree...Mopar men stick together.
I've been thinking about taking the Gold Rampage to the Spring Fling in Van Nuys, California in May...maybe sell it there.....as a huge MOPAR audience shows up.
Thanks !

Wow...that is a haulin' MOPAR.
Thanks for the pictures.
I'm still looking to send my two Rampages to a new home.
We'll be fine...no rust...just waiting for the right buyer.
Best Regards

Back