• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

84 Rampage

65 Dartman

Reaction score
Had a friend stop by the other day and was checking out the truck forum. He was asking where his truck would fit in the Dodge forum since it's not a pre-80, a Dakota or a RAM. He has an 84 Rampage, which is a pickup based on the early 80's Charger 2.2 FWD (and it's Plymouth cousin the Scamp).

Maybe we need a rampage / ram 50 group.

The Rampages and the Scamps were a great little truck for light loads, looked sporty. My dad had one in the 80s, he liked it but having a bad back and knees, it was too difficult to get in and out of.

Well what a little terd. Aren't those the el camino look alikes? Too bad they put the dodge name on them. It's not a "truck" at all its a car.

Well its a good thing that everyone doesn't like the same stuff or we would have a problem.

black gold if you don't like our trucks then get to a forum where you do and leave others alone just because you don't like them doesn't mean you can crap on them

hey 65dartman can you get pics of it I love the little trucks I had one that had a 2.2 turbo and 5speed out of a shelby charger

Here ya go LCAs 001_opt.jpg

LCAs 001_opt.jpg

Nice picture 65 DartMan!! Those were cool little trucks, and are now getting difficult to find out in the "Wild."

thank you it looks good to me is she auto or manual tranny

It's an auto, but he'd rather have a 5 speed. He was telling me he found a 83 or maybe an 84 Scamp GT (Plymouth version) in a junkyard the other day - perfect body on it. He wants to buy it but they haven't got back to him - probably crushed it!

Those are neat little truck and did have a purpose of being carry light loads and getting great gas mileage. I would like to see more members here with a Rampage or a D50.

Ok...I'm in on the Rampage talk.....I just bought two ...don't know their years or any history. I found them in an impound yard. I got them both. I hate to see good solid sheet medal just sitting. I rescue lots of good solid California Dodges and Plymouths....even a 1967 Chrysler T and C. (That's another story....but a good one). I think the Rampage is ok. I just want them saved. Anyone got the inside story on them??? One is gold and one red(?). One auto...one 5-speed. One has a shell on the back. Impound says one drives ...one doesn't. Guess this is where the adventure starts.

Last edited:
Rampage additions....

Here is what I found....and now have. I'm usually a Duster-Dart guy...but have owned Chargers, Roadrunners and even a Chrysler T&C. Still pondering what I got!! Ha.

100_4060.jpg

100_4059.jpg

100_4058.jpg

Back